News Walt Disney World Ambassadors term extended for another year

TP2000

What do they do?

Absolutely nothing. They should have been furloughed and not invited back, instead of kept on the payroll and extended for a year.

This is a bad judgment call by TDO at this time. This Ambassador program should have been eliminated 60 days ago.

Last edited:

TP2000

What do they do?
Annoying cast members

Actually, I just read the press release on them.

A normal person couldn't make up this level of inane drivel if they tried...

"Marilyn West and Stephen Lim began their role on the Walt Disney World Resort Ambassador team in January 2019 where they continued the legacy of championing the efforts of Disney VoluntEARS in the community while recognizing and celebrating the achievements and milestones of Walt Disney World's 74,000 cast members."

Huh??? What does that even mean? o_O

And who talks like that, outside of an HR Zoom meeting where the HR ladies at home are secretly drinking Merlot disguised in a POM Juice bottle?

TP2000

Yeah, get ride of 'em. Let Bob Chapek speak for Disney at all events.

Ooh. Good point. We certainly don't want that.

But Josh D'Amaro is great. Can't he just do it?

And what are all those cubicle drones in Celebration doing? Surely there's a few dozen Communications Majors from UCF in there who aren't busy. They can't all be across the street at Pei Wei, can they?

Liberty6

“Walt Disney began the Ambassador Program in 1965. At the time, Walt's schedule was overwhelmed with requests for his time and personal appearances. It simply was too much for one man alone to handle so to help solve this problem he decided that he needed to appointment someone to serve as the official spokesperson of all Disneyland cast members to promote the Disneyland business.”
It continued on to every other resort. Basically glorified PR reps.

cjkeating

I find the US ambassadors come across as saccharine however the Paris ambassadors do lots with the cast, fans and community and I wouldn't want them gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom