Be Our Guest Restaurant confirmed to end breakfast and become table service only

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
To be clear, this is expected to be a temporary COVID measure rather than a permanent change, correct?
I certainly hope so, as BOG PPO breakfast is the second best way to beat the MK openings. The best, which very few people know about is the Castle BBB. We were done with my 3 year old's makeover + photo shoot in 40 minutes. Got some great pics of an empty Fantasyland (and would have had a great spot in line for 7DMT except it was down).

And although there is no real value/food, the charcuterie plate is pretty tasty, and the fact that you can get in the 7DMT queue before the rope drop rush is well worth it in my opinion.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I certainly hope so, as BOG PPO breakfast is the second best way to beat the MK openings. The best, which very few people know about is the Castle BBB. We were done with my 3 year old's makeover + photo shoot in 40 minutes. Got some great pics of an empty Fantasyland (and would have had a great spot in line for 7DMT except it was down).

And although there is no real value/food, the charcuterie plate is pretty tasty, and the fact that you can get in the 7DMT queue before the rope drop rush is well worth it in my opinion.
I despise BOG breakfast. It's probably my least favorite thing in all of WDW.

MrPromey

One of the most overrated resturants on property. Not a loss

Overrated? Possibly. Better than the other two large fast-service options at that park (Pecos Bill's and Sarlight Cafe)? Absolutely.

It may not have been amazing but being able to sit at a table where you weren't fighting for every square inch of space and having to hunt down chairs, where your food options didn't feel and taste like they were coming from the frozen food section of a Walmart, and where a person actually brought your food out to your table instead of you standing there waiting to get it and then trying to get past the line of people ordering without anyone bumping you and tipping your over-stuffed tray felt like heaven to me.

In the real world, what they offered for fast-service may not have been special but within the confines of the Magic Kingdom park, it provided a level of dignity and food quality that made it feel like an oasis to us.

I always thought it was an example of how the other restaurants should work but felt like it was only a matter of time before the fast-service option went away.

Was frankly shocked it lasted as long as it did.

I'll be surprised if it ever goes back, now. :(

What I'll say I found overrated was the actual table-service menu for dinner - not bad but limited and nothing particularly special in execution.

Having done both, I think it would have been a net win for the park from a guest experience if it had been fast-service all day as it would have provided more guests each day with an experience superior to related offerings and that is a park that defiently needs more fast-service capacity than, for some reason, they choose to offer. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Overrated? Possibly. Better than the other two large fast-service options at that park (Pecos Bill's and Sarlight Cafe)? Absolutely.

It may not have been amazing but being able to sit at a table where you weren't fighting for every square inch of space and having to hunt down chairs, where your food options didn't feel and taste like they were coming from the frozen food section of a Walmart, and where a person actually brought your food out to your table instead of you standing there waiting to get it and then trying to get past the line of people ordering without anyone bumping you and tipping your over-stuffed tray felt like heaven to me.

In the real world, what they offered for fast-service may not have been special but within the confines of the Magic Kingdom park, it provided a level of dignity and food quality that made it feel like an oasis to us.

I always thought it was an example of how the other restaurants should work but felt like it was only a matter of time before the fast-service option went away.

Was frankly shocked it lasted as long as it did.

I'll be surprised if it ever goes back, now. :(

What I'll say I found overrated was the actual table-service menu for dinner - not bad but limited and nothing particularly special. 🤷‍♂️
Cosmic Ray's rotisserie chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and green beans is quite good, and rarely crowded.

MrPromey

Cosmic Ray's rotisserie chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and green beans is quite good, and rarely crowded.

If you mean the line for that side of the building, maybe but when it comes to seating and the rest of that experience, it's all the same.

As for the food quality, we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I like that other's don't so no hard feelings, intended there.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
If you mean the line for that side of the building, maybe but when it comes to seating and the rest of that experience, it's all the same.

As for the food quality, we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I like that other's don't so no hard feelings, intended there.
I guess my main point is that both locations vary dramatically from meal to meal. Be Our Guest breakfast is, in my opinion, the worst and most outrageously priced experience on property, and one of the few things that I think Disney should be legitimately ashamed of.

I agree with your description of Cosmic Ray's at lunch time, but they serve a different menu at dinner and I've never waited in line or had trouble finding a table for my travel party, which often means multiple tables together for a group of 8 to 10.

MrPromey

I guess my main point is that both locations vary dramatically from meal to meal. Be Our Guest breakfast is, in my opinion, the worst and most outrageously priced experience on property, and one of the few things that I think Disney should be legitimately ashamed of.

I agree with your description of Cosmic Ray's at lunch time, but they serve a different menu at dinner and I've never waited in line or had trouble finding a table for my travel party, which often means multiple tables together for a group of 8 to 10.

I guess it does. I can't remember the last time I had a good experience at Cosmic Rays day or night. Meal time always feels like a cattle-call in there to me.

Dinner for us (usually a party of 4 or less) has always been just as bad as lunch with the only reasonable times being that window between 2-5 when most people aren't looking for either meal. (and the quality of the food not improved, of course)

I've never experienced breakfast at any of the parks so I'll take your word for how bad it was - I believe you simply because I've always thought their fast-service offerings have been run with a sort of "you're here - what other choice do you have?" business approach.

I've just accepted it as such that while in the parks, we'll pay $15-$20 per head to get a meal with soda for food we'd sooner shove in the trash than into our mouths in most other situations with Be Our Guest and maybe Satu'li Canteen being exceptions.*

*Okay, that was a little over-dramatic in the trash/mouth comparison, I'll admit, but I think you can see my point.

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

I've kind of been expecting this for a long time for them to go fully table service all day long. But it's still a loss if it stays that way - and I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

But for me, lunch at BOG at least once and sometimes twice a trip is a highlight. Both for the theming and yes, the food at a not bad price. I like the lunch and dessert options there whereas the dinner menu never called me. I'm going to have to think long and hard next trip (which granted won't be for a while) if I should skip a meal there entirely. It would be incredibly sad to not get to eat in the beautiful ballroom or especially the amazing West Wing, but I usually do one expensive signature meal per trip (elsewhere) and try to keep the rest of my eating options more reasonable price-wise. Guess I'll just have to wait and see if I can do two splurge meals in a trip just to enjoy the location. But it would truly turn BOG into the Orlando equivalent of Blue Bayou - you're paying for the atmosphere a lot more than for the food.

Fox&Hound

Have you tried Gaston's cronut/french toast meal? Heaven...

rustincohle

I'll be gutted if this is permanent. Coming from the UK we usually have a free QS dining plan, and the PPO breakfast was super helpful for touring and a decent use of a credit (awful value out of pocket though). Plus, we genuinely got a couple of empty castle photos last time at the bottom of Main Street.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Well this stinks.
BOG QS lunch has been my favorite meal of my trips since opening day 2012.
The menu and the price does not appeal to me.
Looks like I won't be enjoying a meal there again.
I guess that's what they were hoping lol.

The Colonel

Barf Or Gag
Barf or Gag
and the waitress is a hag
She'll dose you up with virus and you'll need vomit bag

Cold hot food, look it's turned
and the coffee's pretty burned
In an hour you'll be heaving
and then comes the diarrhea

It's a sin, its a crime
There's better grub on Rikers Isle
and it doesn't even cost an arm and leg

Now they want two credits
for food that's pathetic
Barf or Gag
Barf or Gag
Please Baaaarf or Gaaaaag!!!!!

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Given all of this? Is it time to do the hard work, and just elevate food quality, service, and price to make BOG into the true SIG it should have been, all along?

Just askin....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom