News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

ToTBellHop

I think a lot of us are hanging out hoping things will change back
1720109107294.gif

Whispers: it’s ridiculous that I paid $6k for IncrediPasses for my family and need park reservations except when I don’t need them but still need them for Lightning Lane. Unless I don’t. But, do I?

But by making lightning lanes I am effectively saying I’m entering this one park, so why is it even necessary to make a park pass on a different tab etc etc etc? Answer: it makes zero sense, they are trying to hang on to this park pass the same way they hung on to genie plus for way too long.

CaptainAmerica

But by making lightning lanes I am effectively saying I’m entering this one park, so why is it even necessary to make a park pass on a different tab etc etc etc? Answer: it makes zero sense, they are trying to hang on to this park pass the same way they hung on to genie plus for way too long.
You have cause and effect backwards.

You can't book a lightning lane for a give date and park unless the system recognizes that you have valid admission for that date and park. The system doesn't recognize that you have valid admission for that date and park until you tell it you're coming.

You have cause and effect backwards.

You can't book a lightning lane for a give date and park unless the system recognizes that you have valid admission for that date and park. The system doesn't recognize that you have valid admission for that date and park until you tell it you're coming.
But if you have an annual pass as long as it doesn’t block out that/those date/s then it shouldn’t matter. An annual pass is in fact valid admission.

Fido Chuckwagon

Right but that would be changing the rules yet again for AP holders. It’s pointless, and I don’t think it’ll happen.
They could, and should, just get rid of them altogether.
I say this as someone who travels to WDW during Christmas & Easter: Just scrap park reservations except for Thanksgiving Week, Christmas Week, and Easter Week. They are clearly not needed at any other time now since they're always available and they're just an added annoyance with no benefit to anyone, including Disney at this point. Or, if you **must** use park reservations because you want to have an idea of where your AP's who don't buy LL will be (even though they can easily change their mind at the last minute anyway), then still require park reservations, but just don't cap the number than an AP can make.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom