News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
So if you’re not planning on showing up to a park until after 2 you can’t get fastpasses unless you have a park reservation? So they are now backsliding with AP’s.
That’s a good question.

I think most APs wouldn’t bother buying mLL with 2pm arrival but that doesn’t mean no AP will be interested. Will they have to jump through the hoop of getting a reservation first? Using the AP “2pm no-reservation needed” gives up ability to buy/use mLL before that arrival? Guess we’ll see how WDW handles that.

Ask planDisney! I’m sure they’ll know what you’re talking about lol.

Brian

But, what about "Good to Go" days and the ability to enter any park, without a reservation, after 2 pm as long as it's not MK on a Saturday or a Sunday?

This is stupidly complex for AP holders.
Confused Thinking GIF

DisDude33

Sure it is. There are a multitude of times when they are saying APs don't need park reservations. Except they do for Lightning Lane? Nonsense.
But if your going to get on the app to make LL picks is it really that much more difficult to go to park reservations and pick the park that has the ride you want to get on first?

nickys

Premium Member
But if your going to get on the app to make LL picks is it really that much more difficult to go to park reservations and pick the park that has the ride you want to get on first?
Right but that would be changing the rules yet again for AP holders. It’s pointless, and I don’t think it’ll happen.
They could, and should, just get rid of them altogether.

SoFloMagic

Sure it is. There are a multitude of times when they are saying APs don't need park reservations. Except they do for Lightning Lane? Nonsense.
You don't need a reservation for this day, but you do for this day, but you don't after 2 unless you do, and you need one to get a paid lightning lane even if you don't need one to get in the park. And if you go to disneyland the rules are all different so you gotta relearn it.
It's absolutely freaking insane what these fools have done.

CntrlFlPete

You don't need a reservation for this day, but you do for this day, but you don't after 2 unless you do, and you need one to get a paid lightning lane even if you don't need one to get in the park. And if you go to disneyland the rules are all different so you gotta relearn it.

and if you can't get a reservation for one park, you should be able to get one for another park, then you are expected to go through the turnstiles of the park you have a reservation for then you 'should' be able to hop over to the park you want to visit -- currently for 7 AM VQ's, you need a reservation in the park you want a VQ for, for the 1PM one, you need to be in the park you hope to get a VQ for.

Ayla

What's insane is people go along with it...

aladdin2007

I think they are hearing about it, had a conversation with a very nice person at guest relations and she understood and was well aware about the dissatisfaction with park reservations (the only theme park company in the country still doing this I believe)...I was more or less being vocal that its stupid you have to wait till 2 to enter another park...To hold people out in the sun and bad weather, deny entry when they could be making money off you instead of just standing out there doing nothing....they have major ops problems anymore, they dont know what they are doing.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom