News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
But the point is we out-of-state on-site Passholders don’t want to make reservations months ahead of time. We don’t want to make them AT ALL. If other on-site ticket holders can go where they please every day without a reservation, so should on-site Incredi-Passholders. It is especially annoying to have to make reservations when others in your traveling party do not.
I was responding to the post that made it seem like staying on site had no advantage. That's all.

NelleBelle

Staying on site allows for unlimited reservations for the length of your stay that you can make months ahead of time. The locals get a limited number plus the good-to-go days.

But the point is we out-of-state on-site Passholders don’t want to make reservations months ahead of time. We don’t want to make them AT ALL. If other on-site ticket holders can go where they please every day without a reservation, so should on-site Incredi-Passholders. It is especially annoying to have to make reservations when others in your traveling party do not.
THIS!! I’m traveling with someone who doesn’t have an AP and it would’ve been nice to be able to experience the parks how we used to…deciding that morning where we felt like going. Instead, I now have to figure out months ahead of time.

Fido Chuckwagon

THIS!! I’m traveling with someone who doesn’t have an AP and it would’ve been nice to be able to experience the parks how we used to…deciding that morning where we felt like going.
I agree that it's really annoying and they need to drop this. That said, unless you are going at a super peak time, you are almost certainly going to be able to modify your park reservation that morning to any other park you want. The whole thing is just really stupid at this point. They should have just dropped park reservations for AP's except for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Another Annual Passholder good-to-go day has been added: May 1, 2024.

IMG_4248.jpg

SingleRider

This one was surprising. I saw the news about the merchandise VQ on May 1st and my Dad wanted a reservation, but none were available (Main Entrance Pass). Then an hour later, it's a good to go day. Whatever, Disney. Why make this so annoying!
Do good to go days apply to CMs as well? I thought it was only APs.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
So far the good to go days for CMs have matched the AP days. CMs can see them on the calendar when they go to make a reservation.
The fact that CMs have to make a reservation is absolutely insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many CMs are in a park on any given day? 50 or 100?. This is nuts but at least they can go again.

bmr1591

THIS!! I’m traveling with someone who doesn’t have an AP and it would’ve been nice to be able to experience the parks how we used to…deciding that morning where we felt like going. Instead, I now have to figure out months ahead of time.

I mean, do you though? Unless you’re coming on a peak week, reservations are always available to make day of. Heck, my wife and I change ours the morning of often. I don’t disagree that making reservations is annoying, but some of y’all make mountains out of things that aren’t actually issues.

interesting

I would also suspect they spend on average way less than annual passholders

It makes sense though, doesn’t it? CPs came from all over to work at Disney because they love Disney. Most don’t care to do anything on their off day except go enjoy the parks.

With that said, man, what a scheme. “Come work for us! With the little you make, you’ll give us a portion back in rent. We also know you’ll spend a lot of what you make back with us in the parks.” It’s almost voluntary slave labor.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I don’t disagree that making reservations is annoying, but some of y’all make mountains out of things that aren’t actually issues
People have simply said its annoying, exactly like you yourself just stated in your post. I don't see anybody making mountains.

Individually, the requirements you need to be on your phone for are not that frustrating, but when combined, it just gets ridiculous.

Royal Purple Pigment

It takes me just as much time and effort to log on and see it is good to go. This reservation system was one of the big differentiators in the AP tiers aside from blackout dates. We rarely even use our reservations and have 5 of 5 available. I understand everyone is different but this whole thing is lame. It is so annoying that they never could incorporate it into the app and you had to launch a different website and log in again. They need to dump this lame system or add something as a tier level replacement to the AP program (free Photopass, etc.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom