Hong Kong Disneyland to open soon- no final date set

HKDLer

According to local news, HKDL will close from July 15 until further notice. The hotels that are open right now, namely the Disneyland Hotel and the Explorers Lodge, will remain open with adjusted services. Meanwhile Ocean Park will be temporarily closed from July 14-21 and could be extended if the situation continues to worsen.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't see anything from Disney confirming this. Are there any better, more official sources than Twitter yet?

Nothing they themselves posted. But HK is going back to a semi-lockdown with no gatherings for 4 or more people, which obviously affects HKDL. Reliable news sources have confirmed with the company.

simba2

Nothing they themselves posted. But HK is going back to a semi-lockdown with no gatherings for 4 or more people, which obviously affects HKDL. Reliable news sources have confirmed with the company.

I found something from CNBC that seems to have an official statement of some sort...

HKDLer

I don't see anything from Disney confirming this. Are there any better, more official sources than Twitter yet?
If they are able to react so promptly they won't be in the red after 15 years of operation. The new social distancing measures were just announced by the government at 8pm hkt today and I don't expect an official announcement from the the local Disney management until next morning.

Edit:

simba2

If they are able to react so promptly they won't be in the red after 15 years of operation. The new social distancing measures were just announced by the government at 8pm hkt today and I don't expect an official announcement from the the local Disney management until next morning.

Edit:

It's on the HKDL website now: https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 12.05.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 12.05.55 PM.png
    185.6 KB · Views: 259

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom