My Disney Experience Mobile Order adds Arrival Window, Apple Pay and Gift Cards

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Yeah for gift cards!!!!!! That is our primary payment method. Next step would be to add the gift cards for holding charges to your room.

though I am not sure how a thirty minute pick up window will avoid crowding versus a “i am here”

cmb5002

I wonder if they'll be adding all the menu options to the mobile ordering system. Maybe it was just me, but when I used it on my last visit, you could really only order from their meals on the menu. For instance, you can't get an extra bun. Nor can you order cups of water, only soda or bottled water.

Now for the water, I just asked for it when I grabbed the tray, but you sure couldn't order an extra bun like you can at the register.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I wonder if they'll be adding all the menu options to the mobile ordering system. Maybe it was just me, but when I used it on my last visit, you could really only order from their meals on the menu. For instance, you can't get an extra bun. Nor can you order cups of water, only soda or bottled water.

Now for the water, I just asked for it when I grabbed the tray, but you sure couldn't order an extra bun like you can at the register.
No matter what they are, special orders or customizations are nearly impossible for an application like that to support and will for the foreseeable future require you to get in line. That is one of the things that killed the early kiosk ordering test they did at Pecos Bill. Too many people couldn't figure out how to customize their order or make other special requests and caused a big mess when receiving their orders and trying to make the special request then- it was a complete mess.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Ideally they don't want you requesting extra buns, which is why the customization options are limited.

cmb5002

Yup. Unless it's a food allergy thing folks will likely need to be a little less 'high maintenance' with customizing orders for a while and get used to receiving as it appears on the menu.
What you call high maintenance, I call thrifty. ;)

Not that I specifically used the extra bun trick myself, but I have ordered some 'off menu' items over the years. The app certainly seems to push you towards the larger more expensive options, and I try to keep an eye on my bucks and my belt when I'm there (a losing battle I know).

awelpjourneys

What are the odds of adding Google Pay? We're an Android family...
And I really do hope they add the option to order from allergy menus to all of the restaurants. There are some where you can use mobile ordering in its current iteration (like Columbia Harbour House); if it's an option at one location, it should be an option at all of them.

donsullivan

Premium Member
What are the odds of adding Google Pay? We're an Android family...
And I really do hope they add the option to order from allergy menus to all of the restaurants. There are some where you can use mobile ordering in its current iteration (like Columbia Harbour House); if it's an option at one location, it should be an option at all of them.
ApplePay was not available previously in Mobile Order but I just tried to place an order at D-Luxe Burger and ApplePay is now available. (now I want a burger). I don't have an android device to confirm but since they've taken GooglePay and ApplePay at walk-up cash locations like counter service food since DEC 2014, there is no reason to believe it would not have been added to mobile order at the same time as ApplePay was today.

JaxFLBear

ApplePay was not available previously in Mobile Order but I just tried to place an order at D-Luxe Burger and ApplePay is now available. (now I want a burger). I don't have an android device to confirm but since they've taken GooglePay and ApplePay at walk-up cash locations like counter service food since DEC 2014, there is no reason to believe it would not have been added to mobile order at the same time as ApplePay was today.
To implement Google Pay in the mobile app would require they add a "button" (and associated processing code) similar to the one they added for Apple Pay.

At a physical payment terminal, Apple Pay & Google Pay both use NFC so nothing really needs to be done as long as they accept contactless payments.

CJLove79

It AMAZES me that it took a global pandemic for Disney to FINALLY add their own gift cards for mobile ordering. I mean c'mon Disney, this is your OWN method of payment. smh. LOL. Anyway, glad that they finally added it. :)

donsullivan

Premium Member
To implement Google Pay in the mobile app would require they add a "button" (and associated processing code) similar to the one they added for Apple Pay.

At a physical payment terminal, Apple Pay & Google Pay both use NFC so nothing really needs to be done as long as they accept contactless payments.
They had to do the same thing to enable ApplePay in the app which is now active for MobilePay. Has anyone tried to create an order for D-Luxe with an Android phone setup for Google Pay to see if that works yet?

MickeyCB

I have a question if anyone can answer for me as I haven't used mobile order yet. (My family prefers standing in a line and looking at the menu for an hour). :rolleyes:
Can you mobile order and charge to your room? We use gift cards to pay off our entire bill at the end of our visit.

slipperalwaysfits

I have a question if anyone can answer for me as I haven't used mobile order yet. (My family prefers standing in a line and looking at the menu for an hour). :rolleyes:
Can you mobile order and charge to your room? We use gift cards to pay off our entire bill at the end of our visit.

I do the same thing, except I pay my balance off about every 3-4 days, while I'm there!

MickeyCB

Pre-Covid you could not. Had to use a credit or debit card or the DDP. And no discounts could be applied.

Perhaps the system will be changed now to allow room charges.
Thanks for the info. When there are processes or rules that don't make a lot of sense to me I try to figure out the logic. On this one, "I got nuthin"!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom