Upcoming trip survey

AugieMorosco

I don't think they'll like the results, which are no doubt gong to boil down to people not being happy paying full price for less than half the experience.
With pent up demand and having to cut capacity, it may benefit them more to have restrictions that make people reconsider keeping reservations. It's better if you cancel because you don't want to wear a mask, or there's no HEA, or whatever your deal breaker is, than for them to cancel you.

Giss Neric

Is there a question about reducing the ticket price? I'm not paying 100plus dollars in July for magic Kingdom for garbage.
If they reduce the admission price then the demand for reservations will double or triple, which means harder and harder to get slots for the allowed capacity for a day. I don't like this to be like Rise of the Resistance boarding process which is like a lottery. It's either you deal with it or postpone if you don't like how it is. That way, you will eliminate the thorns in a rose.

zulaya

I'm sure the masks are supposed to be lumped in with the "health and safety requirements for cast and visitors"

I think they are making a big mistake not having more completely transparent questions about masks, etc. If they want a true vibe on what their guests think, ask the direct transparent questions, like:

If you are required to wear a mask over your mouth and nose while inside a theme park, how likely would you be to cancel your Walt Disney World Resort reservation?
- Extremely Likely
- Somewhat Likely
- Somewhat Unlikely
- Extremely Unlikely

FTR - I will not return to WDW if mandated to wear a mask or go through medical security theater. I go to WDW to escape and experience the magic, not have a magic buzzkill.

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
I'm sure the masks are supposed to be lumped in with the "health and safety requirements for cast and visitors"

I think they are making a big mistake not having more completely transparent questions about masks, etc. If they want a true vibe on what their guests think, ask the direct transparent questions, like:

If you are required to wear a mask over your mouth and nose while inside a theme park, how likely would you be to cancel your Walt Disney World Resort reservation?
- Extremely Likely
- Somewhat Likely
- Somewhat Unlikely
- Extremely Unlikely

FTR - I will not return to WDW if mandated to wear a mask or go through medical security theater. I go to WDW to escape and experience the magic, not have a magic buzzkill.
This is exactly how we feel. We also talked about the parks not having fireworks, characters, all attractions opened, and bar options (we were looking forward to oga's which I don't see being open for awhile). We are 95% sure we will not go in June, even if they are open. Disney will be there next year and we will rather have a safe, relaxing time that is an escape from reality instead of being in fear and having a constant reminder of the virus' impacts.

Last edited:

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
This is exactly how we feel. We also talked about the parks not having fireworks, characters, all attractions opened, and bar options (we were looking forwards to oga's which I don't see being open for awhile). We are 95% sure we will not go in June, even if they are open. Disney will be there next year and we will rather have a safe, relaxing time that is an escape from reality instead of being in fear and having a constant reminder of the virus' impacts.
^^^^^^^^^^^
And the one above it :)

Just4Pics

- Extremely Likely
- Somewhat Likely
- Somewhat Unlikely
- Extremely Unlikely

I completely agree with half of that. I won't go if mandated to wear a mask. It would be very hot and sweaty and completely ruin the fun.

Regarding the "medical security theater", I'm fine with that. If they have an instant test by then and want to test everyone or just check to see if they have a fever, that's fine with me. That's annoying only once whereas the mask would be annoying all day.

Communicora

Premium Member
I'm sure Disney knows people are not thrilled about masks, but they also know that they would make the park experience safer for cast and guests.

People may not like them, but they are working in other countries. Sure would be nice if we could catch up to some of these other places in terms of reducing infections and deaths.

Tavernacle12

If Disney doesn't enforce a mask policy, I'm not visiting until there's a vaccine. Enforced mask policy and it's safe to travel again (in other words, infections are significantly declining)? I'm all in. Honestly, that matters to me more than what's open insofar as me wanting to visit again.

ChanceH

I won’t visit if they make us wear masks and are at a reduced operating point. We had a trip planned late April and I’m itching to reschedule but everything has to go back to as close to normal as possible first. It’s crazy to me because where I live in Texas you can’t even tell this is going on with All the people out everywhere. People wearing masks to not is about 50/50.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Assuming the cases and deaths continue decreasing and even more so if drugs are proven to help cure (if infected) soon... I suspect what will happen is once Disney opens, some locals and those with the "I have to visit Disney again regardless of what is open/closed or what they make us wear" mindset will go... however I think there will be a larger number of people who won't go until Disney is normalized and everything open and active again.

once the first demand of crowds decreases... if the parks are still not operating normally and with masks required, I think many won't go yet and then Disney has to figure out where to go from there.

Marianne75

I also received the survey and have a trip booked for July 31 to August 9th. We are planning on canceling for many reasons, I just haven't actually cancelled yet. As far as the survey not specifically covering masks, I wrote it in under 'other' as a deal breaker in summer months which is when we usually go. There's no way we could tolerate masks outside in Florida summer heat for hours at a time. I have no problem with masks in general, I've worn them for over 20 years in my job so I'm used to them, but they get hot. I'm roasting in one after grocery shopping for an hour and a half in a temperature controlled environment. Temps of 95 and sun in a mask? I'd pass out.

I chose 'relaxed social distancing rules' as the number one must have for returning. To me that was an all encompassing choice for many things. I'm not paying full price for no pools, parades, fireworks, characters, socially distanced rides, etc. No thanks. We'll just keep saving up for a longer trip and a better hotel when things are more back to normal.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
My wife and I talked about this today. If there aren’t fireworks, bars aren’t open, and you have to wear a mask we won’t be going.

Let me clarify, if Disney wants to start with these procedures I totally understand and respect that. But I have no desire to visit under those restrictions. I’m sure others feel differently.

Prototype82

My wife and I talked about this today. If there aren’t fireworks, bars aren’t open, and you have to wear a mask we won’t be going.

Let me clarify, if Disney wants to start with these procedures I totally understand and respect that. But I have no desire to visit under those restrictions. I’m sure others feel differently.
I'll wear a hazmat suit if it means I can go to AK's Nomad Lounge.

Gearbm95

Why are we assuming bars won’t be open? If bars are open currently in FL, what would give Disney pause on reopening theirs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom