News West Side Taco food truck to close today and replaced with new concept

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
As an American of German descent, I take great offense at Disney culturally appropriating the Frankfurter, and call on all woke people throughout the world to boycott this venue and let Disney know why! /s

I'm better now -- just had my first cup of tea and things make more sense...

Last edited:

Disneyson

The original concept was cute, they had one truck for each park - one was MK snacks from all around the world, one was EPCOT festival favorites you could get year-round, another was AK-themed Asian and African food (turned into the taco truck that’s about to be replaced), and the other one was Studios... which I guess was for the picky people in your party... Outside they had a bar that used to do themed drinks based on whatever the most recent Disney movie was. Parsec Punch... the Purple Snap... stuff like that.

Cute idea, but I’m glad they’re getting some unique partners to take the trucks over. Can’t say no to variety and some partners sharing in Disney’s wealth.

Jon81uk

The original concept was cute, they had one truck for each park - one was MK snacks from all around the world, one was EPCOT festival favorites you could get year-round, another was AK-themed Asian and African food (turned into the taco truck that’s about to be replaced), and the other one was Studios... which I guess was for the picky people in your party... Outside they had a bar that used to do themed drinks based on whatever the most recent Disney movie was. Parsec Punch... the Purple Snap... stuff like that.

Cute idea, but I’m glad they’re getting some unique partners to take the trucks over. Can’t say no to variety and some partners sharing in Disney’s wealth.

Pretty sure the external trucks are owned by the operators and brought in. Disney aren't just giving over their trucks to others.

Lilofan

Pretty sure the external trucks are owned by the operators and brought in. Disney aren't just giving over their trucks to others.
I thought the food trucks at Disney Springs were staffed by cast members meaning it is WDW owned and operated. If a third party owns and operates the food trucks it would be staffed by their own people.

Jon81uk

I thought the food trucks at Disney Springs were staffed by cast members meaning it is WDW owned and operated. If a third party owns and operates the food trucks it would be staffed by their own people.
Yep.

So the ones that were originally themed to each of the theme parks are Disney owned and operated.
The trucks such as the 4 Rivers Cantina are operated by that brand.

Disneyson

Yep.

So the ones that were originally themed to each of the theme parks are Disney owned and operated.
The trucks such as the 4 Rivers Cantina are operated by that brand.

So, the implication is that the food trucks drive around and that one or two of them are actually just in a different location? Or that they were bought from Disney?

Jon81uk

So, the implication is that the food trucks drive around and that one or two of them are actually just in a different location? Or that they were bought from Disney?

I'm not sure of all the details but I think some of the trucks rotate in and out and sometimes "guest" trucks park up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom