News PHOTOS - Taste Track Burgers and Fries kiosk arrives ahead of Electric Umbrella closing

CaptainAmerica

I remember this kiosk also temporarily sold grilled cheese sandwiches. We spent a while looking for a bench nearby to sit with our food back then.
Those grilled cheeses were legit, too. Cheddar and apples on cinnamon raisin bread? Hellz yeah.

It's the second best I've heard of only after the CM cafeteria behind Galaxy's Edge which is allegedly called Admiral Snackbar.
It's a wrap!

RSoxNo1

Willing to bet we've seen the end of 'refillable beverages'. (it's difficult to continue to offer anything based on trusting the customer not to take advantage.) Sort of like the death knell of self served Dole Whips at the Polynesian. :confused:
They have it in Pandora, they just charge more for the beverages.

Sir_Cliff

I wish they'd keep the "electric umbrella" theming... With today's technology, imagine how cool it would be to have a sort of rain-stormy projected sky with an occasional lightning storm making the umbrella's lights flicker (and possibly a quiet style waterfall around the umbrellas).
I also like the name and the theme of Electric Umbrella. It harks back to a time when Disney would create unique, slightly off-beat theming and aesthetics for the parks that gave them their own atmosphere and feel. The Centorium to Mousegear transformation is an example of the opposite trend toward a Disney Store-ification and general mall-ification of retail and dining. So, I'd also like them to keep the name and just update the aesthetics and, above all, the menu of the place. I don't know that I would bother with much in the way of effects; just running this electric umbrella motif through the design of a lighter and more appealing space would be cool. They won't do that, but it would be nice!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Despite looking like it could open any minute, it never did make it to an opening, this was shot on the last day of operations.

IMG_2813.jpeg

FigmentsFangirl

According to the places to eat coming back list, Electric Umbrella cast members got their callbacks ? I thought it was gutted ? But its on the list of returning resturant locations in Epcot on the front page ?

Purduevian

They at least need to have some fun with the themeing if it's a doughnut shop right outside test track... Put some doughnut tire marks on the building and ground around it.
1594919937582.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom