City Hall on Main Street U.S.A under refurbishment

Creathir

Plain scrim goes up first. Printed scrim goes on after.
Do they paint new scrims every time they put them up? (Assuming so, hence the delay)
If so, I wonder why they do not just put the painted ones up from the onset since I'm sure they know when the refurb is scheduled to take place.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Do they paint new scrims every time they put them up? (Assuming so, hence the delay)
If so, I wonder why they do not just put the painted ones up from the onset since I'm sure they know when the refurb is scheduled to take place.
I've been wondering this as well. It wouldn't make sense to keep them for any other part of the park besides Main Street.

MagicHappens1971

while it would probably be cost effective to keep the printed scrims around, they would probably take up way Too much space to save them for all of Main Street so I’d assume it’s a new one every time

ImperfectPixie

I would hope that these are PRINTED scrims and not painted ones (when they have images on them)...it's far, far less expensive to scan a small piece of art and print...

Creathir

I would hope that these are PRINTED scrims and not painted ones (when they have images on them)...it's far, far less expensive to scan a small piece of art and print...
I’m sure they are. After digging into this and thinking more on it, I’d bet these are done uniquely each time they renovate a building with updated artwork representing it.
It looks like the scrims have a lifespan of around 9 months, so they almost certainly are not reused.

ImperfectPixie

I’m sure they are. After digging into this and thinking more on it, I’d bet these are done uniquely each time they renovate a building with updated artwork representing it.
It looks like the scrims have a lifespan of around 9 months, so they almost certainly are not reused.
Once you get into the high volume printing that Disney needs, the cost gets very low per square foot (or per item, depending on the kind of printing you're talking about). Fortunately, there's no real road traffic to worry about, so they're lucky in that respect, but they still get dirty from rain, wind blown dirt, and rubbing against outdoor surfaces, and it's very likely more cost effective to print new scrims as opposed to trying to clean, store, and re-use them.

N2dru

Speaking of Main Street any word if the theater will ever get approved/built? The MK needs a large theater for live shows. I just didn't like the placement of the proposed theater. Then again I can't think of another place in the park for it. Any thoughts?

trainplane3

Panic can be over now, painted scrims are partially up:
esy3Ynm.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom