News Short refurbishment planned for the Swiss Family Treehouse later this year

roj2323

I still can't quite understand why they don't replace this attraction. It is not ADA compliant, it doesn't do much for guest capacity and it takes up a ton of room.

UNCgolf

I still can't quite understand why they don't replace this attraction. It is not ADA compliant, it doesn't do much for guest capacity and it takes up a ton of room.

My guess is the location -- I don't think it would be easy to build anything else there because it's surrounded by water. Not that they couldn't drain the water etc. but I'm not sure if that would affect the Jungle Cruise, plus it just adds complications in general.

TrainsOfDisney

What would you put there? There’s really only space for a spinner unless it was something that would interact with the jungle cruise or go across the train tracks.

It’s an opening day attraction that is a nice quaint piece of Disney history. Even if you haven’t seen the classic movie, anyone gets the idea of an ultimate treehouse.

HauntedMansionFLA

I guess it’s like Tom Sawyer Island and they want to leave overlook the problems you listed. More attractions take up a ton of real estate.

Hank Hill

I read the "root system" of Magic Kingdom's tree goes four stories into the ground. Meaning it is not an easy thing to pull out. And any work would close JC. For the space it would save, there really isn't much they could put in there. So I don't see it leaving any time soon.

I would like them to add some more info about the movie. Maybe in the queue or something. Doubtful many people actually remember the movie, so a little extra information would help people understand the tree-house more. Maybe even raise awareness about the movie.

TrainsOfDisney

I would like them to add some more info about the movie. Maybe in the queue or something. Doubtful many people actually remember the movie, so a little extra information would help people understand the tree-house more. Maybe even raise awareness about the movie.

They can watch it on Disney+ while experiencing the attraction if they wanted to!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom