Figuring out park days

ELG13

We have 4 park days total and a blizzard beach day. The day we arrive we always get settled and then hit Disney springs for dinner. The next day we are doing blizzard beach for mothers day because my mom would live there if she could. I have the first and last park days (Mon and Thursday) saved for MK. So the two days in the middle im trying to plan out. We've never been to HS so we want to go but from what I've seen so far it won't be a full day for us. Maybe a half depending on what time we arrive (we aren't rope droppers). So I was thinking HS in the am and AK in the pm (we have an adr at yak and yeti that night). The next day I was thinking maybe make it another MK day (that's by far our and our kids favorite) but not a crazy day because we have dinner in Epcot that evening. Does this seem reasonable? We generally only do MK and AK on these trips but we want to explore the other parks especially since it's flower and garden when we go at Epcot. We stay at ft.wilderness cabins so it's a quick boat ride from MK home when we need a break. Is hopping from HS to AK a reasonable thought? I'm even considering adding another night just to give us a little wiggle room but generally we do a 6 night stay.

arich35

If I were you I would try to do a full day at HS then do AK for half day and Epcot for the 2nd half since you have dinner that evening. We did our first full day at MK and our last day.
I don't think switching from HS to AK is that big of a deal if you want to go that route.

We are doing 5 full days when we go the first week of May but with a 1 year old this time so we are trying to figure out our days as well. MK for 2 days is a given with everything there is to do.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Since you said you "aren't rope droppers," if you wanted to do HS and AK in one day, I'd go to HS mid-morning for your 3 FP+ experiences and a show or a couple of "anytime" experiences (if you're not rope dropping, RoTR won't be possible, and any-ride-you-don't-have-a-FP+-for will have a prohibitive wait, so your choices at HS are going to be very limited), and then hop to AK (preferably having made a FP+ there after you finished your pre-made FP+ at HS).

OR if you want to use two days, spend one full day at AK, and then on the day of your Epcot dinner, start the day at HS (with your FP+ there), spend a few hours there, and hop to Epcot for the evening. (You can take the Skyliner or a boat from HS to Epcot.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

HS morning, do what you can fit in. AK afternoon/evening for the rest of the time... Yak & Yeti is our fav dining spot in AK.
EP in full bloom with the colorful flowers is absolutely beautiful during F&G festival. The topiaries that are displayed add to the park uniqueness. If you did have the opportunity to add a day I'd do a full day in MK and EP each.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Since you said you "aren't rope droppers," if you wanted to do HS and AK in one day, I'd go to HS mid-morning for your 3 FP+ experiences and a show or a couple of "anytime" experiences (if you're not rope dropping, RoTR won't be possible, and any-ride-you-don't-have-a-FP+-for will have a prohibitive wait, so your choices at HS are going to be very limited), and then hop to AK (preferably having made a FP+ there after you finished your pre-made FP+ at HS).

OR if you want to use two days, spend one full day at AK, and then on the day of your Epcot dinner, start the day at HS (with your FP+ there), spend a few hours there, and hop to Epcot for the evening. (You can take the Skyliner or a boat from HS to Epcot.)
Ok this is great to know!! I am such a pro with MK but such a rookie with the other parks. We have a 5 and 9 yr old that are not thrill seekers and I'll be 29 weeks pregnant by then so this will be a slow and steady vacation!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
HS morning, do what you can fit in. AK afternoon/evening for the rest of the time... Yak & Yeti is our fav dining spot in AK.
EP in full bloom with the colorful flowers is absolutely beautiful during F&G festival. The topiaries that are displayed add to the park uniqueness. If you did have the opportunity to add a day I'd do a full day in MK and EP each.
Yak and yeti is the one place we absolutely can not miss when we come. And for whatever reason it's always our most affordable meal...and the kids eat great there. We love it! I'm happy we are going after time change so we will have some extra daylight to rely on for Epcot. We are excited to see it!

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
If I were you I would try to do a full day at HS then do AK for half day and Epcot for the 2nd half since you have dinner that evening. We did our first full day at MK and our last day.
I don't think switching from HS to AK is that big of a deal if you want to go that route.

We are doing 5 full days when we go the first week of May but with a 1 year old this time so we are trying to figure out our days as well. MK for 2 days is a given with everything there is to do.
Hopping with little ones was never appealing to us. Last year we did a little but not really. This year we are determined to make it to all the parks. But we also go often enough that we don't push it too much. If the kids are over the crowds we will not hesitate to cancel an afternoon at the park and head to the pool instead. I figure its their vacation too and I don't want over tired, grumpy kids.

Upvote 0

yensid67

MK-Monday
HS/AK-Tuesday(HS-just do you MUST DO rides, grab a quick bite...then off to Cabin OR AK)
AK/EP-Wednesday(finish your time at AK so its basically a full day-just split, then head over to EP for the rest of the day and dinner)
MK-Thursday

**If you are not a Star Wars Fan, then the rides at HS are limited until the new ones open. I would do you 3 FP+ eat then head over to AK by 1pm, do your 3 FP+ and enjoy the rest of the day just doing walk ons/in since the next day you will have another 3FP+ to use for what you didn't get to see the day before!**

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
MK-Monday
HS/AK-Tuesday(HS-just do you MUST DO rides, grab a quick bite...then off to Cabin OR AK)
AK/EP-Wednesday(finish your time at AK so its basically a full day-just split, then head over to EP for the rest of the day and dinner)
MK-Thursday

**If you are not a Star Wars Fan, then the rides at HS are limited until the new ones open. I would do you 3 FP+ eat then head over to AK by 1pm, do your 3 FP+ and enjoy the rest of the day just doing walk ons/in since the next day you will have another 3FP+ to use for what you didn't get to see the day before!**
No def not a star wars fan. But we are toy story fans. I'm hoping to get a FP for SDD for my daughter and husband and one for me, my mom and son for TSM.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom