Finally became annual passholders!! Now, a simple question....

ELG13

I'm embarrassingly excited that we are officially annual passholders. I guess I never thought we could afford it on our vacation budget or that we would justify it but after looking at ticket prices for our week trip, it saved us $400 to get APs vs the Florida resident tickets we would normally get. With that being said, is there anything that I will be getting in the mail for the APs? I always see magnets and whatnot around town but assumed people bought those somewhere. I'm also super excited about all the discounts. Are there any hidden gems for discount any of you seasoned AP holder have discovered???

Once you activate your AP, Disney will mail you your Magic Band with the annual Passholder slide, and an annual Passholder magnet. During festivals, Disney many times offers special AP magnets that can be picked up at specific locations. Don’t forget to use your AP card for merchandise purchases, restaurants and free parking at the park (if that is the level AP purchased). Enjoy!

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Once you activate your AP, Disney will mail you your Magic Band with the annual Passholder slide, and an annual Passholder magnet. During festivals, Disney many times offers special AP magnets that can be picked up at specific locations. Don’t forget to use your AP card for merchandise purchases, restaurants and free parking at the park (if that is the level AP purchased). Enjoy!
Are the special magnets free or do we pay? We will be taking our first trip in May during flower and garden..I hope they make some special ones...they could really make them pretty!!

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Also, when you say activate, do you mean purchase? We technically won't activate ours until May...

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Are the special magnets free or do we pay? We will be taking our first trip in May during flower and garden..I hope they make some special ones...they could really make them pretty!!
The AP magnets are free but you must show your Passholder card (or have your band scanned) and your ID. This applies to everyone in your party with an AP.
Also, when you say activate, do you mean purchase? We technically won't activate ours until May...
Activate. You must scan into a park to trigger your ability to choose a MagicBand in MDE.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
The AP magnets are free but you must show your Passholder card (or have your band scanned) and your ID. This applies to everyone in your party with an AP.

Activate. You must scan into a park to trigger your ability to choose a MagicBand in MDE.
I have the option to choose my magic bands right now. I'm also a Florida resident passholder and I verified it online. Is that why?

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

@ELG13
we never received the Mickey AP magnet in our year of AP. I've read others had the same experience. We did get the sliders when we ordered the AP Magic Band. But, we did get the free magnets from the various events at Epcot.

In terms of discounts, you can see all of them on the passholder page in MDE. Tours, dining, shopping...
AP Tip: if you want to buy water, buy it from a gift shop, not a snack cart. Purchases in gift shops are illegible for the AP discount, including snacks and beverages.
When using your AP for discounts, you are supposed to show your AP card, as well as ID....they don't always ask for them. When parking at the Parks, they'll ask for your ID almost every time. Just remember to keep in handy....

Upvote 0

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
If you have a Gold pass or above visit Disney Springs and take advantage of the Disney PhotoPass Studio. Think of old Sears Portrait Studio but high tech and green screens. You can get some great family photos there.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Does anyone know how often they switch up the magic bands with designs? I'm not crazy about any of them right now so I was thinking of waiting to order incase a better design comes out....

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Design availability comes and goes. BTW, the AP Band that you get for free is just one of the solid color options. You will pay for any of the design bands. Also, if you don't like the designs available on MDE, you can buy a band from another Disney shop and get the AP discount.
Yeah...I have all the solid colors so I was hoping to purchase a cute one. I may do what you suggest...order a solid one and then buy a cute one in the park with my discount. They have a bigger selection anyways.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Another fun band suggestion - get the free ones in different colors each trip. Then, as your collection grows, you can remove the pod from one band and put it in another to make a two-color pod/band option. I have a friend who does this to match her outfit. I themed my colors for the Halloween and Christmas parties.
I ways forget we can do this!! We always buy stickers off of Etsy to personalize ours too. I know people probably think it's silly but it just adds to the fun for us.

Upvote 0

cmoliver68

I have seen several people reference the AP card but it doesn't appear anyone has stated that they no longer send the card with your magic bands. You will need to go to guest relations or a ticket window to get your card. Your magic band will not get you AP discounts, only the yellow card.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
I have seen several people reference the AP card but it doesn't appear anyone has stated that they no longer send the card with your magic bands. You will need to go to guest relations or a ticket window to get your card. Your magic band will not get you AP discounts, only the yellow card.
Ok that's good to know. Unless they mention that card somewhere I wouldn't have known!!

Upvote 0

KikoKea

With your AP, you can get discounted tickets for yourself and your party- MNSSHP, etc. I'm not sure of how many, but I have purchased at least 4 Halloween party tickets at our AP rate. We like the Photopass benefit, too.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
With your AP, you can get discounted tickets for yourself and your party- MNSSHP, etc. I'm not sure of how many, but I have purchased at least 4 Halloween party tickets at our AP rate. We like the Photopass benefit, too.
Thats per AP???

Upvote 0

Eamethyst

I think the other member meant purchase and not activate. Disney will not allow you to activate an AP until the first day of visit. An AP can be purchased online through the Disney site. After you decide which AP that you want, you get to choose the color of the magic band. The color of the magic bands change every year. You can also have the magic band engraved with a name for free online. After purchase a confirmation will be emailed. Disney will mail out a box that includes a magic band. The physical AP card has to be picked up at either a ticket booth at the Transportation center or one of the theme parks, Disney springs. You will need your ID to pick up the AP card. After you pick up the AP card it will be activated and you can go to the entrance of any park and scan your card or magic band. If you pick up the AP pass either at the transportation center or any of parks you will be charged for parking but it will be refunded to you. Get a receipt and show to the cashier at the ticket booth. You can link your AP and magic band to your Disney online account. You can link your credit card to you AP and magic band. So you don't have to take your credit card with you inside of the parks, etc. You can also use your Disney account to make reservations at restaurants six months in advance. Restaurants do fill up with reservations. There is a retail store inside of the Magic Kingdom located inside of Tomorrowland called Light and Power Co that sells magic bands and also you can design your own magic band.

Attachments

• F616DFDF-E10A-4ED1-A015-E146269AF215.jpeg
    F616DFDF-E10A-4ED1-A015-E146269AF215.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 39
  • 13FAB658-D52D-483A-957C-C4BA79710E85.jpeg
    13FAB658-D52D-483A-957C-C4BA79710E85.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You can link your credit card to you AP and magic band. So you don't have to take your credit card with you inside of the parks, etc.
This is true ONLY if you are a current guest staying at a Disney Resort. You cannot charge anything with your Magic Band otherwise.

Also, the colors for the complimentary Magic Bands are the same year after year. Only the specialty bands (for an additional charge) change.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom