News Operating hours extended at Disney's Hollywood Studios

wsmith1978

Wasn't that around the time when they were giving away a free ticket on your birthday? The recession definitely hit the parks hard. They were doing anything they could to bring the levels back up.

Yep, I remember that promo and I'm pretty sure it was around the same time. Can't believe that's 11 years ago already.

MiddKid

The one time I'm at my computer when the news breaks...and FP isn't updated. Argh...

Does anyone know if there is a specific time that the FP system updates? Are we thinking 7am like when the normal window opens each morning?

nickys

Premium Member
The one time I'm at my computer when the news breaks...and FP isn't updated. Argh...

Does anyone know if there is a specific time that the FP system updates? Are we thinking 7am like when the normal window opens each morning?

There is no fixed times they add FOs. Usually between 12 and 72 hours after the park hours are updated.

However some dates have had FPs added already, in fact some had already been added by the time you posted. Keep checking!

pdude81

There is no fixed times they add FOs. Usually between 12 and 72 hours after the park hours are updated.

However some dates have had FPs added already, in fact some had already been added by the time you posted. Keep checking!

As best I can tell, they only released more times for TSM and RNRC for these days. Has anybody seen a slinky dog for the first hour of opening yet in February? I have one for later in the day that I've been hoping to move up. I saw the other fastpasses open up in the middle of the night, roughly 12 hours after the park hours changed. Since then there has been little or no movement.

nickys

Premium Member
As best I can tell, they only released more times for TSM and RNRC for these days. Has anybody seen a slinky dog for the first hour of opening yet in February? I have one for later in the day that I've been hoping to move up. I saw the other fastpasses open up in the middle of the night, roughly 12 hours after the park hours changed. Since then there has been little or no movement.

I’ve seen the same thing reported elsewhere too.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’ve seen the same thing reported elsewhere too.

Can confirm. I've been checking quite regularly hoping for SDD FP to open up in the new morning hour(s) and haven't seen it.

djlaosc

We were looking to do the same thing for our February trip, and stayed up just about all night UK time (probably until just before the 12 hours you noticed) in order to try to move our Fastpass, but was unable to - when we then checked the next morning UK time (around the 12-13 hours later mark), it looked as though the SDD must have already gone, and just TSM and RNRC were available.

Makes it better that it now looks like I didn't just miss it, but annoying that we wasted the time for something that would not be released...

nickys

Premium Member
We were looking to do the same thing for our February trip, and stayed up just about all night UK time (probably until just before the 12 hours you noticed) in order to try to move our Fastpass, but was unable to - when we then checked the next morning UK time (around the 12-13 hours later mark), it looked as though the SDD must have already gone, and just TSM and RNRC were available.

Makes it better that it now looks like I didn't just miss it, but annoying that we wasted the time for something that would not be released...

I think they’re releasing them in batches. I don’t think they released Fps for ToT either.

Purduevian

It would kinda make sense not to release Fastpasses for SDD for the first hour of operation if their goal is still to distribute crowds. SDD will have a full Line within 10 minutes of park opening regardless or if they give it FP or not. On the contry, pulling more people away from SDD and to TSM, AS*S, ToT, or RnRC for the first hour might actually help that line.

pdude81

It would kinda make sense not to release Fastpasses for SDD for the first hour of operation if their goal is still to distribute crowds. SDD will have a full Line within 10 minutes of park opening regardless or if they give it FP or not. On the contry, pulling more people away from SDD and to TSM, AS*S, ToT, or RnRC for the first hour might actually help that line.
I agree that it makes sense for crowd distribution. I just have never known them to not have FP for this at park open before. The reason I keep checking back is because I don't think they ever released 8am Star Tours, ToT, or . Just seems disjointed and that they'd at least release them for the rides that don't get huge lines.

Purduevian

I agree that it makes sense for crowd distribution. I just have never known them to not have FP for this at park open before. The reason I keep checking back is because I don't think they ever released 8am Star Tours, ToT, or ***. Just seems disjointed and that they'd at least release them for the rides that don't get huge lines.

Yeah, not saying they will do that. However it would make sense to me if they did. Imagine Magic kingdom not having FP+ for Seven Dwarfs, Space, Thunder, Pan, and Splash for the first hour of the day. Add extra fastpasses to rides with greater capacity, and lower morning waits such as Mermaid, Pirates, Small World, ect. In theory this would help spread the crowds more as people don't want to miss their fastpass reservation.

rowrbazzle

Yeah, not saying they will do that. However it would make sense to me if they did. Imagine Magic kingdom not having FP+ for Seven Dwarfs, Space, Thunder, Pan, and Splash for the first hour of the day. Add extra fastpasses to rides with greater capacity, and lower morning waits such as Mermaid, Pirates, Small World, ect. In theory this would help spread the crowds more as people don't want to miss their fastpass reservation.

Am I remembering correctly that when the Frozen ride first opened it didn't have FP in the first hour? I wasn't there at the time, but I thought I read that somewhere. I think that would helpful for crowd flow and a nice benefit to rope droppers. There's really not a need for FP at most rides in the first hour anyway.

pdude81

Am I remembering correctly that when the Frozen ride first opened it didn't have FP in the first hour? I wasn't there at the time, but I thought I read that somewhere. I think that would helpful for crowd flow and a nice benefit to rope droppers. There's really not a need for FP at most rides in the first hour anyway.
I don't think Frozen opened until WS opened in the beginning. (11am?) It's been a while though. Did they not have FP until noon?

pdude81

Checked early this morning when I woke up and nothing yet, but after I drop my son off at school it seems like they were released and instantly gone. Only a little bit left in the afternoon that I could find

pdude81

Hopefully some of you have better luck. Keep swiping and refreshing as availability is fluid while people move there fast passes around

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Checked early this morning when I woke up and nothing yet, but after I drop my son off at school it seems like they were released and instantly gone. Only a little bit left in the afternoon that I could find

I grabbed FP for SDD for Feb 3 & 4. But 5, 6, and 7 were gone.

Maybe they only released a few days?

And thanks for the heads up!!

pdude81

I grabbed FP for SDD for Feb 3 & 4. But 5, 6, and 7 were gone.

Maybe they only released a few days?

And thanks for the heads up!!
Mine was for the 9th. I don't know how far out they went but I'm sure the inventory goes fast. Also I noticed that over the past few days the other rides that had FPs released (TSM, RNRC) kept showing 8:05s and 8:10s, so it's possible they are letting more out each day. I'd keep looking

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom