News Early close for Magic Kingdom on Monday December 2

DisneyDreamerxyz

It's cool they do this for them.
it's a very cool event. older castmembers that usually don't even go to the parks get to play at Magic Kingdom and they get tons of freebies. If I remember right, the ones with the most seniority get free dinners at Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table. You have to have been with the company for ten years or more to attend.

Surfin' Tuna

It's been on the books for a while, but I can't remember if it was 60 days out or not. I can't imagine why it would not have been listed then. I think it's something like 40 years for BoG and 45 for CRT, but that could be wrong. I just remember reading it and chuckling at it. They will have a different fireworks show that was supposed to test sometime between tonight and the 1st, but I have had not seen or heard anything more about that. It's a nice time that's well deserved for the cast.

MrPromey

it's a very cool event. older castmembers that usually don't even go to the parks get to play at Magic Kingdom and they get tons of freebies. If I remember right, the ones with the most seniority get free dinners at Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table. You have to have been with the company for ten years or more to attend.

I'm a bit critical of current management and all of the seemingly blatant cash-grabs for things and how they don't seem to do right by cast members with all this extra money they're bleeding off guests but closing the most popular park early, not for a ticketed event or some other upcharge or privately paid for thing but as a way to recognize cast is really, really awesome.

I'll admit I'm surprised they do this (or still do it?) but I'm glad.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Brilliant. That's FIVE days that week that they're closed early...
Couldn't the cast event be held at AK instead? I'm sure they can have a good time and guests don't have to deal with MK closing at 430pm on the affected day. If Chapek shows up, will the cast give him some feedback? 😉

peter11435

Couldn't the cast event be held at AK instead? I'm sure they can have a good time and guests don't have to deal with MK closing at 430pm on the affected day. If Chapek shows up, will the cast give him some feedback? 😉
The event could be held anywhere. But why should it? Do the cast members being honored not deserve a special evening? The hours were published long ago. This should not be a surprise to anyone.

Lilofan

The event could be held anywhere. But why should it? Do the cast members being honored not deserve a special evening? The hours were published long ago. This should not be a surprise to anyone.
I think a number of years ago the event was indeed held at DHS. Someone I knew who used to work at Disney told me about it.

peter11435

I think a number of years ago the event was indeed held at DHS. Someone I knew who used to work at Disney told me about it.
It was. That has already been mentioned in this thread. The event has moved venues throughout its existence including DHS and even the contemporary convention center. Like I said it could be held anywhere, but there is no reason why it needs to be. Let them have their day.

WhatJaneSays

It rotates to a new park every few years, so when that same group of CMs has their next service celebration they get to have it at a different park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom