News 2019 Christmas Holidays at The Walt Disney World Resort hotels

Minthorne

Well it’s real gingerbread...not the stuff most of us make.

Doesn't look (or taste) like real gingerbread :) Hey it wasn't bad (if you like very hard and dry baked goods)

yes I know there are different kinds of gingerbread - I'm just saying Disney baked good are usually not the best baked goods.

"In Germany gingerbread is made in two forms: a soft form called Lebkuchen and a harder form, particularly associated with carnivals and street markets such as the Christmas markets that occur in many German towns. The hard gingerbread is made in decorative shapes, which are then further decorated with sweets and icing. The tradition of cutting gingerbread into shapes takes many other forms, and exists in many countries, a well-known example being the gingerbread man. Traditionally, these were dunked in port wine. "

Probably just needed some wine...

Disone

Well it’s real gingerbread...not the stuff most of us make.
I would like to Second this. Me personally I'm not a fan of gingerbread. But it is an Austrian based recipe . The recipe comes from Bakery Chef Eric who was the head chef of the Grand Floridian Bakery for many years.

To this day they still use his recipe. And they actually make the Gingerbread at the Grand Floridian. Fun fact that The gingerbread you purchase is somewhat fresh however the gingerbread that use to make the house with starts production as early as July!

Edited to correct typos

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
PHOTOS - Grand Floridian Resort Gingerbread House

Poinsettias and Norfolk Island Pines are not native to Germany. And what is traditional German treat/foodstuff/construction material doing in the Grand Floridian?!

This is an outrage! They shall be receiving a strongly worded letter! Good day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom