News Water park weather closures winter 2019/2020

Movielover

Mid 60's!!! Oh no, we might have to put on a light hoodie!!!!!

giphy.gif

ThatMouse

60's doesn't sound cold enough. I've definitely been on a bus to AK where a family got off for the waterpark in the 60's. We were joking about getting off to go (being so cold), and this family actually did get off and we felt bad for making fun of them.

stratman50th

Mid 60's!!! Oh no, we might have to put on a light hoodie!!!!!
Two years ago my wife was taking a walk around the neighborhood dressed in her normal shorts and T-shirt. An elderly couple rolled up on her in their golf cart and told her she needed to go and put a coat on! They were wearing coats and hoods. (Real ones, not hoodies) About the same temp, 60's. LOL

Weather_Lady

As seasoned Northerners, we've swum when it's freezing outside. Sixty degrees is nothing! We'd have been there in our swimsuits, pounding at the gates with our pasty white limbs to get in!

I know there are disclaimers on tickets that basically say, "we promise you nothing, and it's not our fault if everything is closed when you get here," but I wonder: has anyone ever complained and gotten compensation (e.g., a refund of what they paid to upgrade) if they purchased Parkhopper Plus tickets and then both waterparks were closed when they visited? Disclaimer or no, it's got to feel like a huge bait-and-switch.

LittleBuford

As seasoned Northerners, we've swum when it's freezing outside. Sixty degrees is nothing! We'd have been there in our swimsuits, pounding at the gates with our pasty white limbs to get in!

I know there are disclaimers on tickets that basically say, "we promise you nothing, and it's not our fault if everything is closed when you get here," but I wonder: has anyone ever complained and gotten compensation (e.g., a refund of what they paid to upgrade) if they purchased Parkhopper Plus tickets and then both waterparks were closed when they visited? Disclaimer or no, it's got to feel like a huge bait-and-switch.

The best way to avoid this scenario is to upgrade (or not) to the Plus option once you’re actually at the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom