News Updates coming to Star Tours - The Adventures Continue inspired by Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker

Touchdown

I’m happy it will mean there will be some randomness if you are on a sequel trilogy trip, currently if you see Kylo or FO troops in the first scene you know you are going to Jacku and Crait, with this update there will still be a surprise destination.

DisneyCane

I believe when Lucas was questioned about it his response was basically, "Oh, who cares if the chronology doesn't work, people want to see these things."
Can't think about the logic of the ride too much. First you are on a movie set in the queue and then you walk into a real spaceport. You take a ride on a spaceship and get dropped off at a gift shop.

I just think of each ride as a tour of part of the star wars universe.

mccgavin

It seems that a lot of people are glossing over the fact this was probably done with the international parks in mind. This is a smart promotional move for Tokyo and Paris, and with the scene already created there's no good reason not to bring it over here as well.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I can't believe they haven't pulled these sims and stuck them in the new boutique immersion experience. It's a natural segue from the "ship" to the planet.

doctornick

I like that it features characters from all 9 films. That's how a Star Wars theme park ride SHOULD be. A major error in SWGE, apparently, is giving it too precise of a timeline.

Meh, disagree. I like the idea of the ride featuring locations from all 9+ films. I don't see the reason to have characters from different eras which makes it disjointed. The queue is set up to be in the era of Episode IV - all the ride scenes should reflect that.

The sequel trilogy planets existed in that timeframe, so no reason they can't be included as places to visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom