News My Disney Experience and website to become the only way to make dining reservations

DisneyJoe

This could be old news, but it is new to me. Maybe this has something to do with making the MyDisneyExperience the primary way to book and modify dining reservations. I just logged onto Disney's website to view an upcoming reservation and noticed that under our guest names there is a celebrations option. Has this been an option for a while and I'm just noticing it? I don't recall seeing it the last time I logged in which was only a week or so ago. After clicking on "Add" it took me to the following page. So I guess in theory any dining reservations linked to your reservation the celebrations would link to the dining? View attachment 418806View attachment 418807
They're not related, just happened to be released within a few days of each other.

bunnyman

Not sure if this was covered, but I noticed in the recent past that if you were within an hour or less of your desired time you couldn't always see open reservation availabilities on the App. I.e. staying at the Yacht Club and was looking for a last minute reservation in the area, and the app showed nothing, but I was able to call the reservation number and get something.

ninjaprincesst

The dining packages for shows are often wonky and don't display properly. For weeks I'd check a certain day when the package was scheduled and no time slots would be available. Then at some point, almost the whole day suddenly shows availability. Happened 3 times over 18 months for me. At first I thought they were sold out but something else is going on. Strange.
I was told a couple of years ago that they don't release all the dining packages at once and I have noticed nearer to my travel dates I can almost always switch to a time that works better for us.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I was told a couple of years ago that they don't release all the dining packages at once and I have noticed nearer to my travel dates I can almost always switch to a time that works better for us.
The same type of thing happened while I tried to make Droid and Lightsabre build reservations for December. I continued checking availability over the upcoming months to gauge my expectations and there'd be weeks and even whole months booked solid. I'd come back to see blocks of days within those open again with any choice available for time slots all day (including the entire day I wanted to visit that had previously been booked tight along with the surrounding days).

It's frustrating enough to plan a trip without them manipulating the systems. Many people would've just given up after seeing it booked solid for weeks and weeks, surely WDW can't want that?

MrPromey

It's frustrating enough to plan a trip without them manipulating the systems. Many people would've just given up after seeing it booked solid for weeks and weeks, surely WDW can't want that?

It's hard to say.

They probably also don't want to give the impression that you have to have all this stuff booked half a year in advance to have any sort of chance at getting to it because that is in itself a bad consumer experience, too when you're talking about a premium product and potentially turning high value customers away by doing that, too.

If they were to offer a "notify me if this becomes available" option, that might give them the best of both if this is how they want to do it.

... Or it could have just been a problem with their system and the default in that instance was to return a response that there was no availability rather than that it couldn't connect to a database or was having trouble in some other way.

Whatever the cause, if you find it frustrating, I'd contact them and say something because negative guest feedback is likely the only thing that will result in a change or fix to this kind of issue.

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

The same type of thing happened while I tried to make Droid and Lightsabre build reservations for December. I continued checking availability over the upcoming months to gauge my expectations and there'd be weeks and even whole months booked solid. I'd come back to see blocks of days within those open again with any choice available for time slots all day (including the entire day I wanted to visit that had previously been booked tight along with the surrounding days).

Yeah the same thing happened to me with Droid Depot for December everything was showing gone for out entire trip, the best i could do was 11:50 for my daughter and 9:50 for me, then all the sudden boom, we both have the earliest spots available, the same with Oga's nothing then boom tons of availability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom