News PHOTOS - Subtle new decor added in the Town Center Market at Disney Springs

halltd

I don’t get this board sometimes. People are all like, “stop cramming IP into the parks and hotels” on one hand and then, “what makes Springs Disney....add characters” on the other. Ha ha. I thought Springs was already Disney because it’s so amazingly detailed and has an awesome story. It didn’t need characters. The mural is cool because that’s actually Florida and fits the story. But the birds in the rafters, meh.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I agree this is not a change I like. Disney Springs was a stunning example of how the company can design beautiful new areas without having to "dumb it down" too much with the "more timeless, more Disney, more family friendly" or whatever that line is. Sadly, it seems Disney is beginning to cater to the ignorants who think Springs is ugly.

Yes hideous, oversized displays, ugly carpet, walls, and just an overall trashy feeling is the quintessential Disney "look"
Hey if you like Banana Republic, more power to you but you can find that in any strip mall in America.

MrPromey

Show me an shopping mall in Florida that is iconic or amazing as Springs. I'll wait because you can't. They're all TRASH

Take out the old Disney Village end and sprinkling of Disney on the opposite side and then show me one that uses as much real estate, has as few guests, and is still in business.

In my personal experience, the particular area shown where these changes that will be overlooked by 90% of guests is one of the slowest in all of DTD which I'm sure is largely the reason for these modest updates.

Just out of curiosity, aside from wandering through and marveling at how upscale this area is, how much shopping (as in spending actual money) do you typically do in this part of Disney Springs when you're there? Which of those shops is your "draw"?

MrPromey

My draw to Springs is the ambiance and the booze. Though I do have a soft spot for Sugar Boo and Co

Given what they built, if your opinion and shopping habits were typical of the average guest, do you think Disney Springs would be financially sustainable?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney Springs now has MagicShot photopass photographers in front of the new wall that will add full shopping bags to outstreched arms.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don’t get this board sometimes. People are all like, “stop cramming IP into the parks and hotels” on one hand and then, “what makes Springs Disney....add characters” on the other. Ha ha. I thought Springs was already Disney because it’s so amazingly detailed and has an awesome story. It didn’t need characters. The mural is cool because that’s actually Florida and fits the story. But the birds in the rafters, meh.

You have discovered a shocking truth, different people have different opinions on things.

Horizons1

I like the orange bird mural because it fits with the whole Florida springs theme. But cmon. I know I’m at Disney. I don’t need to be reminded about magic and fairytales every single place I step.

I like the theme of Disney Springs. I like how there are “Disney Disney” portions and then portions that have no evidence of Disney at all. I really hope not too much of that is lost by this synergy push.

Bocabear

I think Diosney Springs is light on theme and design...Looking more like a Lifestyle Center that we have many of here in South Florida and California among other places in the US... It is nice that there is some original design around the place... The actual faux Springs are lovely...but in general there is not enough to WOW... Add more...take it over the top... Make it something I could never find in my hometown...

TrojanUSC

I think Diosney Springs is light on theme and design...Looking more like a Lifestyle Center that we have many of here in South Florida and California among other places in the US... It is nice that there is some original design around the place... The actual faux Springs are lovely...but in general there is not enough to WOW... Add more...take it over the top... Make it something I could never find in my hometown...

This is sort of my biggest issue with DS. On one hand, I like that it's not too "Disney," with princesses and characters and cartoons shoved into every corner. On the other hand, there is nothing unique about it. Reminds me of any number of local lifestyle available here in LA and elsewhere. Even "The Grove" in LA, with its fountain show and trolley, feels more Disney than Disney Springs.

Bocabear

The Grove is WAY more Disney than Disney Springs...Originally I was thinking that DS was going to be a more amazing version of The Grove, but sadly no...it is actually more plain.
If they had actually made a real working L-train line as transport the length of the area....That would have been a huge plus...instead of fake abandoned sections of an Elevated train track... It could have linked all three garages and hit all ends of The Springs...from the remote lot on the west end where Cirque is (and the Uber Cars drop Off) all the way to the opposite side at the bus drop... THAT would have made sense and seemed a lot more interesting let alone convenient.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom