News Keystone Clothiers reopens at Disney's Hollywood Studios as Star Wars merchandise location

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wow...didn’t notice this before.

They do NOT need more Star Wars merchandise locations.

I’m beginning to wonder if the fresh air intakes are working on either the LFL headquarters or the Dwarf House??
Is this a secret to everyone but the public?

I thought this was interesting the other day...here’s the Star Wars toy section from a target in a high income suburb of one of the largest cities in the country the other day:

Attachments

• 0A5F7AF8-6F68-430E-9237-CB12C4FEB5FF.jpeg
    0A5F7AF8-6F68-430E-9237-CB12C4FEB5FF.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 189

misfitdoll

Perhaps it is temporary? I’m sure TDO was wringing their hands thinking about the delayed entry groups going into Galaxy’s Edge, and guests not being able to access the merch.

tirian

I’m beginning to wonder if the fresh air intakes are working on either the LFL headquarters or the Dwarf House??

I thought this was interesting the other day...here’s the Star Wars toy section from a target in a high income suburb of one of the largest cities in the country the other day:
Is that section sold out or not stocked?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is that section sold out or not stocked?
It’s in restocking...but the point is how small it was for the summer...the last few years, really.

Now they will of course be doing a big one over the next 3 months...but what about this time next year?

Clearance bin city.

Star Wars does have a merch problem...it’s not that it doesn’t sell- it’s that it doesn’t sell as much.

Which is why I laugh when people...talk about “all that money” they’ll make on SE:GETOUT...

In 6 months? Everyone will drop $450 a head on a droid, Walmart issue saber and oogie boogies cantina?

tirian

It’s in restocking...but the point is how small it was for the summer...the last few years, really.

Now they will of course be doing a big one over the next 3 months...but what about this time next year?

Clearance bin city.

Star Wars does have a merch problem...it’s not that it doesn’t sell- it’s that it doesn’t sell as much.

Which is why I laugh when people...talk about “all that money” they’ll make on SE:GETOUT...

In 6 months? Everyone will drop $450 a head on a droid, Walmart issue saber and oogie boogies cantina?
Okay, I understand what you’re saying. Wasn’t that a big problem back when TLJ hit theaters? I remember reading a financial report that classic SW toys were selling well, but those connected to the new movies were sitting on shelves. Some analysts blamed Disney’s SW demands for the sudden shutdowns at Toys R Us, although that company had been slowly dying for years. The story was that Disney demanded a certain percentage of shelf space for new SW, and forbade discounts, and nobody wanted the toys. It ruined the chain’s stock for Christmas.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Okay, I understand what you’re saying. Wasn’t that a big problem back when TLJ hit theaters? I remember reading a financial report that classic SW toys were selling well, but new toys connectedness to the new movies were sitting on toy shelves. Some analysts blamed Disney’s SW demands for the sudden shutdowns at Toys R Us, although that company had been slowly dying for years. The story was that Disney demanded a certain percentage of shelf space for new SW, and forbade discounts, and nobody wanted the toys. It ruined the chain’s stock for Christmas.
It was noted by financial outlets in November 2017.

And whatever the reason...Disney done screwed up. As Hasbro has.

The one thing you don’t do is reduce the presence of your product squabbling over shares...not when it’s no longer the hottest items

StarWarsGirl

It was nice to have it so I could grab a few things I missed getting in the land on the way out. I was looking for a shirt and they were out of it in my size when I looked elsewhere, but then I found it in this shop. It's likely temporary.

aladdin2007

Does anyone know how much the actual decor/theming of the store changed from before (if at all)?

basically more timeless more disney, = more bland, compared to the classic hollywood mgm'esque feel it had before. I dont care for the barren direction upscale mall look they are going with all these locations now, pretty soon disney world is going to be no different than anywhere else. That's probably just me I know most will not agree. I liked it the way it was before. Which one is next to be more timeless more blah?

RSoxNo1

How long has this been closed?

Edit: As far as I could tell, the store has been closed since March 1st.

Last edited:

bromeo57

This was my wife's and my favorite store in DHS. You could always find quality clothing and merchandise in this store. It's now been reduced to another Star Wars junk store. Just what we needed! Another place for us not to shop.

JohnD

sad to see this. i usually liked thatbshop & always found something to buy in there. as already mentioned, do they really need another shop selling just SW merchandise? keep in GE where it belongs

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing the gift shops in GE don't have "Star Wars" franchise merchandise. i.e. it's supposed to look native. Franchise merch would need to be outside GE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom