TSA bans Star Wars Land Coca-Cola Bottles from all U.S. flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
While the TSA has reversed their previous decision to ban SWGE Coke bottles, passengers are forbidden from bringing the following products on a plane as they have been deemed impossible to distinguish from weapons of mass destruction:

View attachment 403904

Candy Crush color bombs may continue to be used for the time being but are currently being evaluated for safety.
It’s the candy seeds that put them over the top

FutureCEO

I haven't read previous pages but they do look like grenades and that is why TSA is banning them. Someone looking is not going to notice that it's a Coke product.

mergatroid

I haven't read previous pages but they do look like grenades and that is why TSA is banning them. Someone looking is not going to notice that it's a Coke product.

I'm only guessing here but isn't the issue that if they're in your hold luggage they'll have to stop and open every suitcase to check it's nor an explosive device? Your suitcase isn't with you when it's passed through the x-ray machine.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
After review by the TSA the ban was overturned. Go back a page.
No reasonable human being could mistake these for a grenade.
I'm only guessing here but isn't the issue that if they're in your hold luggage they'll have to stop and open every suitcase to check it's nor an explosive device? Your suitcase isn't with you when it's passed through the x-ray machine.
A real grenade is metal and would look a lot different on an x-ray machine. These will probably look more like a Christmas ornament or some other round plastic object.

WDWbuff2001

Disney doing budget cuts without blaming themselves at fault. But seriously, if I empty it, because it's not no special Disney soda inside. buy a ornament hook at Target, and no not the one on property yet, and attach it to the bottle, will it be different, and putting it into a ornament box. Im actually serious, if it can pull off as a Christmas ornament, it would be ridiculous, just to prove a point.

Movielover

Disney doing budget cuts without blaming themselves at fault. But seriously, if I empty it, because it's not no special Disney soda inside. buy a ornament hook at Target, and no not the one on property yet, and attach it to the bottle, will it be different, and putting it into a ornament box. Im actually serious, if it can pull off as a Christmas ornament, it would be ridiculous, just to prove a point.

What? One, you are obviously just trying to strike up the straw-man argument of budget cutting, even though this is more of Coke's result for re-using their own design. Two, TSA has already change their view on this product so your "test" would be fruitless. Third, You used a double negative, so according to you this Coke is Disney soda and I would have to agree since Coca-Cola is oh so tasty and delicious that it can't be anything but Disney magic! ;)

Jedi Stitch

While in Uniform Heading back to Iraq, I had a TSA agent make a big deal about my fold able scissors from my sewing kit that was inside my personal hygiene kit. I asked why are they considered a weapon. So she half unfolded them to barely an 1/8" of an inch of the tip protruded from her small delicate fingers. I ask to see how they look in my meaty fingers. The point did not protrude past my fingers. I asked are Keys allowed. she said yes. I pulled out my key ring and with the long lock keys I had I could back a very effective punch dagger. She just responded all keys are allowed and no scissors are allowed at all. So in the end, their safety is a farce, as are these bottles. On a carry on that is empty and they could inspect it they could see it is an empty bottle. They allow empty bottles past security.

The funny part if you make a deal about it. they will call the real police. and you will be charged, but not for trying to bring an empty bottle past security but actually disobeying order.

hapihart

Does anyone have an idea what the soda bottle weighs, full and empty? I'm considering bringing a box and postage stamps so I can ship them home from the front desk, but I need to figure out the weight first.

Do a flat rate box, then you don't have to worry about weight.

HMFan999

As others have said. The ban has been LIFTED, meaning these items are no longer prohibited by the TSA. @The Mom should this thread be locked at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom