News Liberty Square Riverboat closed for brief refurbishment

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Install The Julep Bar! Install The Julep Bar! Install The Julep Bar! Install The Julep Bar!
Install The Julep Bar! Install The Julep Bar! Install The Julep Bar! Install The Julep Bar!

Too subtle?

DisAl

Maybe they could inspect or replace the whistle they put on there during the last refurbishment. That is just the wrong type of whistle for a steamboat.
Yeah, the whistle they have on it now sounds kind of like something some Mickey Mouse outfit would use. Oh.... Never mind.

The thing they have on it now reminds me of a European steam locomotive whistle. An American steamboat should have nice robust three chime on it at least. I am wondering if the steam line going to the whistle is too small to properly support a larger one. Before the refurb they sometimes had trouble getting it to "blow", with it giving out a weak wheeze before it came out to full volume. If the steam line is the issue it would seem that should be an easy fix.

ppet

Too subtle?
How about a RUM bar. I shudder at the thought of the taste of a Julep.

ppet

I have not, I have had Juleps at the home of the mint Julep, Churchhill downs and found them sadly lacking. I am a bourbon drinker and will withhold judgment until trying a Disneyland version, if you were told by your grandfather in a bar that they were good. ;)

Captain Barbossa

Maybe they could inspect or replace the whistle they put on there during the last refurbishment. That is just the wrong type of whistle for a steamboat.
Words cannot describe the amount of hate I have towards that whistle. It belongs on a tugboat. They need to put Roy’s original Baldwin 5 inch 3 chime back on. I have no idea why the heck they replaced it following the overhaul last year in the first place.

DisAl

Words cannot describe the amount of hate I have towards that whistle. It belongs on a tugboat. They need to put Roy’s original Baldwin 5 inch 3 chime back on. I have no idea why the heck they replaced it following the overhaul last year in the first place.
If they are stupid enough to replace real photopass photographers with so-called automated systems they are stupid enough do to anything. Unless the whistle itself is not undergoing some sort of refurbishment and this is supposed to be temporary there is NO excuse for the change. And it is not like there are no whistles to be found. There is a 4" 3 chime Buckeye on ebay for $229.50. I fear there is a new generation of management at Disney that does not really care about maintaining the authenticity of the both the steamboat and the trains.

EricsBiscuit

I love all whistles but they should have multiple whistles backstage that are far more appropriate than the one currently in use on the LB.

Captain Barbossa

If they are stupid enough to replace real photopass photographers with so-called automated systems they are stupid enough do to anything.
True.

Unless the whistle itself is not undergoing some sort of refurbishment and this is supposed to be temporary there is NO excuse for the change.
Well if that’s the case, then this is one long refurbishment for a whistle. It’ll be 1 year in December.

And it is not like there are no whistles to be found. There is a 4" 3 chime Buckeye on ebay for $229.50.
Disney isn’t going to buy a whistle off of ebay. And a Buckeye 4 inch 3 chime is still on the high pitch side for a steam/riverboat. Would be a good whistle to put on one of the locomotives though.

Captain Barbossa

I love all whistles but they should have multiple whistles backstage that are far more appropriate than the one currently in use on the LB.
Here’s a hunch I have about the whistle situation.

Since 6 years ago or so, the WDWRR wants all of the locomotives to have different whistles. It’s easier to identify each locomotive this way, and it adds to the locomotive’s personality/characteristics. Lilly has a Buckeye 3 inch 3 chime, as does Walter. My hunch is that whenever Walter comes back, they might do 1 of 2 things. #1 They’ll put Roy’s original Baldwin 5 inch 3 chime on Walter. #2 Walter will get the Crosby 6 inch 3 chime that’s on Roy, and Roy will get his original Baldwin 5 inch 3 chime back. Either way results in each locomotive having a different whistle.

Now, if either of those scenarios do happen, then I would understand why they took Roy’s original Baldwin 5 inch 3 chime off of the Liberty Belle, but they seriously could’ve gotten a better whistle to replace it with than that Lunkenheimer 3 inch single chime. But like I said, all of that is just a hunch.

Then again, since Roger is gone, they could put his Lonergan 3 inch 3 chime on Walter, or put it on Lilly and let Walter keep his Buckeye 3 inch 3 chime.

There’s too many choices. :hilarious:

DisAl

Since 6 years ago or so, the WDWRR wants all of the locomotives to have different whistles. It’s easier to identify each locomotive this way, and it adds to the locomotive’s personality/characteristics. Lilly has a Buckeye 3 inch 3 chime, as does Walter. My hunch is that whenever Walter comes back, they might do 1 of 2 things. #1 They’ll put Roy’s original Baldwin 5 inch 3 chime on Walter. #2 Walter will get the Crosby 6 inch 3 chime that’s on Roy, and Roy will get his original Baldwin 5 inch 3 chime back. Either way results in each locomotive having a different whistle.

Now, if either of those scenarios do happen, then I would understand why they took Roy’s original Baldwin 5 inch 3 chime off of the Liberty Belle, but they seriously could’ve gotten a better whistle to replace it with than that Lunkenheimer 3 inch single chime. But like I said, all of that is just a hunch.

Then again, since Roger is gone, they could put his Lonergan 3 inch 3 chime on Walter, or put it on Lilly and let Walter keep his Buckeye 3 inch 3 chime.

Yes, too many choices but all of your speculations are good choices. Like choosing between apple pie, peach pie, blueberry pie, and cherry pie. Leaving the whistle they now have on LB is like getting a mud pie. :in pain:

Horizons1

Ding ding ding. It is literally a train whistle.

twilight mitsuk

Yeah, the whistle they have on it now sounds kind of like something some Mickey Mouse outfit would use. Oh.... Never mind.

The thing they have on it now reminds me of a European steam locomotive whistle. An American steamboat should have nice robust three chime on it at least. I am wondering if the steam line going to the whistle is too small to properly support a larger one. Before the refurb they sometimes had trouble getting it to "blow", with it giving out a weak wheeze before it came out to full volume. If the steam line is the issue it would seem that should be an easy fix.
Similar to the whistle on hogwarts express

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom