News Beatrix coming to Disney Springs

jt04

Can I suggest a waterfront park with tons of shade and tables?

They could even make the tables rentable like people rent cabanas. Otherwise they get turned into places people camp out.

Plenty of room for more restaurants beyond HoB.

the.dreamfinder

So I guess this is canceled again?

better get some food trucks on standby 😎
I don’t know if there is an equivalent in the southeast or FL, but doing something like Philadelphia’s Reading Terminal Market with smaller local businesses could be a winner short to medium term.
1620745529586.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t know if they have an equivalent in the southeast or FL, but doing something like Philadelphia’s Reading Terminal Market with smaller local businesses could be a winner short to medium term.
View attachment 556464

lol...i hate the terminal. It’s got “cool in 1940” written all over it. Too many smells/scenery

the orange grove in LA might be more the way to go.

UNCgolf

lol...i hate the terminal. It’s got “cool in 1940” written all over it. Too many smells/scenery

the orange grove in LA might be more the way to go.

Do you mean the Original Farmers Market which is right next to the Grove?

The Grove is very much like Disney Springs. The Original Farmers Market is pretty neat, but WDW already has an area themed like it -- Sunset Ranch in DHS.

They could build a food hall there, which seem big these days. There's been a major one operating in Atlanta for a few years now (Krog Street Market) and several more are under construction. That may be what the Terminal is (I don't know) but that photo makes the Terminal look more like an indoor version of the Original Farmers Market with some restaurants but also a lot of shops selling products. Krog Street Market is almost entirely dining (there is a little bit of retail, but there's no butcher shop, seafood market, produce, etc.).

I don't know that all the other Disney Springs dining tenants (especially the QS places) would be very happy with a food hall going in and suddenly doubling their on-site competitors, though.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do you mean the Original Farmers Market which is right next to the Grove?

The Grove is very much like Disney Springs. The Original Farmers Market is pretty neat, but WDW already has an area themed like it -- Sunset Ranch in DHS.

They could build a food hall there, which seem big these days. There's been a major one operating in Atlanta for a few years now (Krog Street Market) and several more are under construction. That may be what the Terminal is (I don't know) but that photo makes the Terminal look more like an indoor version of the Original Farmers Market with some restaurants but also a lot of shops selling products. Krog Street Market is almost entirely dining (there is a little bit of retail, but there's no butcher shop, seafood market, produce, etc.).

I don't know that all the other Disney Springs dining tenants (especially the QS places) would be very happy with a food hall going in and suddenly doubling their on-site competitors, though.
Yes...that’s what I mean. Had a brain squirt on that

Bocabear

I love the Terminal Market Idea...but to work they needs lots of vendors, and if it is all coming from a central kitchen, might not be too good... They would also have to be very careful that it didn't become a Mall Food Court...
HONESTLY I would rather see it become a terminal for the Skyliner and tie the Springs to the hotels and parks.

raymusiccity

I love the Terminal Market Idea...but to work they needs lots of vendors, and if it is all coming from a central kitchen, might not be too good... They would also have to be very careful that it didn't become a Mall Food Court...
HONESTLY I would rather see it become a terminal for the Skyliner and tie the Springs to the hotels and parks.
It looks like Disney Springs could use some more 'themed' eateries, with the usual back story. It's a shame that they bulldozed the giant pineapple. The Springs must have had a railway nearby. A restaurant themed to trains would be fun for families.
choochooe5761dd4328b7a.jpg

Bocabear

Seriously the abandoned remnants of an El train are a ridiculous nonsensical addition to the Springs.. The original concept had the second level accessible and used by the different restaurants...Now put a people mover in with three roundabout stops and do a transportation theme restaurant at it's main station... It would be a fun way to get an overview of the whole property, a great way to get from point A to point B and be totally unique, totally DISNEY... More special, less "lifestlye center" from every town in the USA...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t think more venues/themed dining is going to be the takeaway from the last two years by the stock lords.

disney never really had a significant disruption...that’s over. (Fukushima being the one exception)...but now the cover has been torn off that. Don’t expect anything other than delayed, bare minimum capex from now on. Especially slaphead

Bocabear

We were there the weekend before last, and every single restaurant was completely booked solid for the whole weekend...there was a line out the door and around the side of the building for Chicken Guy... They definitely need more eateries to match the crowd sizes they are bringing in...

Disstevefan1

We were there the weekend before last, and every single restaurant was completely booked solid for the whole weekend...there was a line out the door and around the side of the building for Chicken Guy... They definitely need more eateries to match the crowd sizes they are bringing in...
There is a lot of pent up demand plus I presume all have staffing issues; many who were let go because of COVID are long gone and have gotten other jobs.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am guessing there has been no movement on this and it is completely dead... I am hopeful they will come up with a fun concept to replace the dead space. M
I loved the old City Market concept...Like Reading Terminal Market...Something with a lot of choices that is neither a food truck nor Mall food court... with indoor seating and a lot of fun choices...
Not completely dead at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom