Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

castlecake2.0

I don't think anything's amiss. They were pulling out landscaping around Sago Cay just two weeks ago, so they're obviously moving on to that building soon. Closing the path gives them more direct access throughout the day to some of the materials they're using, which seemed to be staged in a separate fenced area across the bridge along the path just outside of Sago. Doesn't help that some bloggers complained about how close you could get to the construction as well.
^^^ all of this is why the path is closed

ToTBellHop

I don't think anything's amiss. They were pulling out landscaping around Sago Cay just two weeks ago, so they're obviously moving on to that building soon. Closing the path gives them more direct access throughout the day to some of the materials they're using, which seemed to be staged in a separate fenced area across the bridge along the path just outside of Sago. Doesn't help that some bloggers complained about how close you could get to the construction as well.
I had a feeling this would happen when The Dark Lord called them out on this…

Ayla

I agree! What am I not understanding? How does this warrant closing an entire walkway? Something is amiss. I called twice about this and was given two different responses from cast members. The first one said the entire path is closed. You cannot walk to Magic Kingdom. I said, why can’t I walk to the poly and then walk from there? They said no you can’t do that. Then I called back two days ago and said I will be there. We want to walk to Magic Kingdom. The cast member said just walk to the Polynesian and you can walk from there. I said why are they closing the entire walkway and she responded I don’t know there’s construction and I said on the walkway?
So I guess I’ll find out when I get there in a few days. I’ll take some photos and let you guys know.
You cannot walk to MK from the Poly without going through Grand Floridian.

EPCOT-O.G.

It's embarrassing Disney phone CM's regularly give out wrong info.
Especially when that wrong info could result in someone paying $100s more per night expecting a certain means of transportation (walking) to get to a highly desired park…

Wait, maybe that bug is an intended feature

celluloid

It’s sad when basic show quality standards are left to deteriorate so badly that nothing’s done until the “Can’t let the bad man win” motivation prevails

Disney under Iger has been in the business of the excitement of going to Disney and creating the demand is more of the money maker than what it delivered when actually is there. There are a lot of laurels to rest on, but over a decade and a half of this and we are seeing the results.

kgoose23

We just got back and as I expected and was mentioned while we were gone, the path was closed because they have moved on to working on Sago as well. It still is slightly frustrating that they figured out a fairly dangerous way to keep the path open from Poly to GF but couldn't figure out a way to get folks to and from the walkway around that corner of the building construction/staging. Thursday night around firework time the monorails were completely down and the only method of transportation was the boats.

On a side note, holy moly there is a TON of construction going on at the GF. I think there were some days I saw more construction workers/vehicles than actual people staying there walking around. Also a TON of wedding activity last week.

NelleBelle

We just got back and as I expected and was mentioned while we were gone, the path was closed because they have moved on to working on Sago as well. It still is slightly frustrating that they figured out a fairly dangerous way to keep the path open from Poly to GF but couldn't figure out a way to get folks to and from the walkway around that corner of the building construction/staging. Thursday night around firework time the monorails were completely down and the only method of transportation was the boats.

On a side note, holy moly there is a TON of construction going on at the GF. I think there were some days I saw more construction workers/vehicles than actual people staying there walking around. Also a TON of wedding activity last week.
Would hate to be a bride having her wedding with all that construction going on 'cause you know nothing was discounted. This is why when I was considering a stay at GF this fall, I took it off the "list" due to the construction nonsense (and ultimately why I changed our Poly reservation as well) 😕

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Would hate to be a bride having her wedding with all that construction going on 'cause you know nothing was discounted. This is why when I was considering a stay at GF this fall, I took it off the "list" due to the construction nonsense (and ultimately why I changed our Poly reservation as well) 😕
Was thinking of staying here for the first time in Late May. I wonder if it will still be a massive construction zone at that point. They should be done with room renovations by then right? I imagine the lobby will still be under construction however.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Was thinking of staying here for the first time in Late May. I wonder if it will still be a massive construction zone at that point. They should be done with room renovations by then right? I imagine the lobby will still be under construction however.
Room construction began at the end of June. It can take a year for completion. I think the main building (lobby and club rooms) will follow Sago Cay (which just closed) so I expect there’s a high likelihood the total refurbishment won’t be finished by late May.

And there’s always the possibility of a pool closure for rehab.

arich35

Man I hope a lot of this is almost done by May, we are staying in the new Resort DVC studios

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom