Disney's Hollywood Studios holidays 2019

ada0801

I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but I am glad it is starting early. We decided to move our vacation to skip the opening of StarWars and are now missing MNSSHP (something we were looking forward to). At least now, we will have some really fun Christmas stuff when we go middle November. Our kids like Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam. Its kitsy and fun.

ThatMouse

I hope they make they put the small breaks between segments back into the projection show. The beauty of Sunset Blvd during Christmas is partially due to the ambiance between the clips with the snow falling and music playing. I was sad to see the small gap gone last year.

Or at least extend the playlist. The show must have repeated 120 times while we were sitting there eating. Now I always need to have white noise or music playing or it creeps back into my mind. Sometimes rocking and sucking my thumb helps.

Cmdr_Crimson

They are missing a big opportunity to celebrate in Batuu East...
tumblr_oh74vjQvfP1s2wio8o1_540.gif

TrainsOfDisney

Now that Star Wars land will be finished, might we see a bit more real pyro return to jingle bell jingle bam? I agree it’s a fun show, but It was way more fun with the level of pyro that it opened with.

I was pleasantly surprised with sunset seasons, it’s very fun.

TJJohn12

Yay, they're ruining Tower's beautifully crafted nighttime persona again with a cheesy off-theme projection show featuring characters from a one-off made-for-tv special that's a decade old. Joy! </sarcasm>

ToTBellHop

Now that Star Wars land will be finished, might we see a bit more real pyro return to jingle bell jingle bam? I agree it’s a fun show, but It was way more fun with the level of pyro that it opened with.

I was pleasantly surprised with sunset seasons, it’s very fun.
SWL construction isn’t the issue.

So no, unfortunately.

ToTBellHop

It's time to share one of my favorite Disney videos of all time *again*!
It defies explanation that they couldn’t have foreseen this before building the new firework launch site. Don’t you test for such issues?

Surely someone got fired?

Darth Snips

They are missing a big opportunity to celebrate in Batuu East...
tumblr_oh74vjQvfP1s2wio8o1_540.gif
If they sold those Life Day robes at Black Spire Outfitters, I would throw my money at them.

For real though, what are the odds that they really do decorate GE for Christmas? If they don’t, it will be the only part of the park not decorated!

HoldenC

Is the new launch site not within the required clearance?

And what’s to keep this from happening at say.... Epcot?
Nothing since it did during Christmas. Its just freak coincidence 🤷‍♂️

ThatMouse

I always walk by these dessert parties and think why would you want to stand in this corral when you could be enjoying the park and ambiance?? Unlike MK, the show at HS has plenty of room for people to watch this, reminiscent of old MK days. You don't really need to stand in the middle where everyone else is. Get there 20 mins early to grab a dog and a beer and GTG!

Nottamus

I always walk by these dessert parties and think why would you want to stand in this corral when you could be enjoying the park and ambiance?? Unlike MK, the show at HS has plenty of room for people to watch this, reminiscent of old MK days. You don't really need to stand in the middle where everyone else is. Get there 20 mins early to grab a dog and a beer and GTG!

We always walked by too wondering why?

Then we thought it would be a great idea to see Illuminations ROE the last time last April with a dessert party. And why not?

Then the day came, and it rained...so they held the party in a building in Norway. So we didn't get the full effect. At all.

We will continue to walk on by now...wondering why...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom