News Holiday decor and entertainment to expand to all lands at Disney's Animal Kingdom in 2019

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Love the polar bear.

Hate this.

Who's got a beard that's long and white?
AMP Suit's got a beard that's long and white
Who comes around on a special night?
AMP Suit comes around on a special night

Special Night, beard that's white

Must be AMP Suit
Must be AMP Suit
Must be AMP Suit, AMP Suit Claus

Who shoots you with splats of red?
AMP Suit shoots you with splats of red
Who will ambush and crush your head?
AMP Suit will ambush and crush your head

Crush your head, splats of red
Special night, beard that's white

Must be AMP Suit
Must be AMP Suit
Must be AMP Suit, AMP Suit Claus

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here is the new Tree of Life Awakenings for 2019

Random thoughts:

I like the slightly overexposed video, most others are too dark. I like to be able to catch glimpses of the underlying structures the mapped projections are trying to hide. I like to peek behind the curtain.​
I'm kinda surprised at the blatant Christmasy songs. Would have thought they would have kept it more Winter Solstice-y than Weinachtenlich.​
I like the part where the virgin lioness gave birth to the Cub Aslan and were visited by the three Wise Owls.​
Missed another chance to just show a scene from Fantasia (Waltz of the Flowers) where Fall turns into Winter. [The other miss is not having The Firebird Suite from Fantasia 2000.]​
I like that the animations are new and not the horribly slowed down frame-by-frame mess when they try to take a piece of animation from a movie and use it in another context (like what sometimes happens in the Castle projections).​
I like the the animations contain representative artistry and not just straight animation, like they did with the Lion King vignette.​
I like the idiot that tried to take a flash picture of a projection. Just kidding, they're on my hate list forever.​
I hope they keep the regular vignette of The Radical Snow Fox That Just Wants to Help and Have Fun and Stuff. [EDIT: It's still part of the night's show!]​
I like how they 'painted' the animals with the same 'tattoos' that the "Christmas animals' in the main entranceway (Merry Menagerie). It ties it all together.​
Nice to see representation in Animal Kingdom of North American animals!!​
Oh, so that's where reindeer come from!​

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Random thoughts:

I like the slightly overexposed video, most others are too dark. I like to be able to catch glimpses of the underlying structures the mapped projections are trying to hide. I like to peek behind the curtain.​
I'm kinda surprised at the blatant Christmasy songs. Would have thought they would have kept it more Winter Solstice-y than Weinachtenlich.
I like the part where the virgin lioness gave birth to the Cub Aslan and were visited by the three Wise Owls.​
Missed another chance to just show a scene from Fantasia (Waltz of the Flowers) where Fall turns into Winter. [The other miss is not having The Firebird Suite from Fantasia 2000.]​
I like that the animations are new and not the horribly slowed down frame-by-frame mess when they try to take a piece of animation from a movie and use it in another context (like what sometimes happens in the Castle projections).​
I like the the animations contain representative artistry and not just straight animation, like they did with the Lion King vignette.​
I like the idiot that tried to take a flash picture of a projection. Just kidding, they're on my hate list forever.​
I hope they keep the regular vignette of The Radical Snow Fox That Just Wants to Help and Have Fun and Stuff. [EDIT: It's still part of the night's show!]​
I like how they 'painted' the animals with the same 'tattoos' that the "Christmas animals' in the main entranceway (Merry Menagerie). It ties it all together.​
Nice to see representation in Animal Kingdom of North American animals!!​
Oh, so that's where reindeer come from!​

I agree about the music, really seems out of place for the area and tree.

ThatMouse

Seems like missed opportunities all around. I would have created a more emotional musical theme and a story. The scenes are kinda random and not very imaginative. You have a giant projector on a tree in Disney World and this is what they came up with. Meh.

cjkeating

I like the concept of adding Winter/Holiday decrocrations to Animal Kingdom, really I do, I think they are doing an amazing job with the more subtle decorations like the animal puppets, the Tree of Life projection show is fine in my opinion as well.

But honestly they could of done a bit more. Add a tag/different version to Rivers of Light, make Rafiki’s Planet Watch have somthing about Winter/behaviour of animals during winter, do something to Dinoland, that land needs a holiday draw, it's SUPPOSED to be a tourist trap, give us a miniature Osborn lights there!

Have you seen the decorations in Dinoland USA? They are totally over the top and I love them.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Still waiting for nighttime pics of Dinorama.
These are the only 2 pictures I've found.

*From disneytouristblog.com
20191110_140627.jpg

20191110_140702.jpg

Kman101

I like the concept of adding Winter/Holiday decrocrations to Animal Kingdom, really I do, I think they are doing an amazing job with the more subtle decorations like the animal puppets, the Tree of Life projection show is fine in my opinion as well.

But honestly they could of done a bit more. Add a tag/different version to Rivers of Light, make Rafiki’s Planet Watch have somthing about Winter/behaviour of animals during winter, do something to Dinoland, that land needs a holiday draw, it's SUPPOSED to be a tourist trap, give us a miniature Osborn lights there!

I'm sure they'll expand. They've done a LOT this year. I think they did an amazing job and everything fits and suits the park, IMHO. Even the Amp suit Santa. People elsewhere are acting like Pandora has been overrun with Christmas decor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom