News Extra Extra Magic Hours This Fall

cowellj

Does anyone know if QS restaurants or snack places (such as Woodys Lunchbox or Gastons Tavern or any others...) will be open earlier than their normal operating-hours - during the Extra Extra magic hours?

Thanks,

Rosanne

DHS will opens at 6AM this fall for resort guests starting Sept. 1st.. MK and AK at 7AM for resort guests starting August 29th.

From the Parks Blog:

The Extra, Extra Magic Hours benefit will include Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as well as other experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom theme parks. Here’s the rundown:
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios — Daily from Sept. 1-Nov. 2, the park will have Extra, Extra Magic Hours from 6-9 a.m.,including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, plus Toy Story Land attractions and select other attractions. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences subject to capacity.
(Please note that on Aug. 29-31, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open at 6 a.m. for all guests. There will not be Extra, Extra Magic Hours on those days.)
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily Aug. 29-Nov. 2, from 7-8 a.m., featuring Pandora – The World of Avatar and other attractions throughout the park (same as today’s morning Extra Magic Hours offerings).
  • Magic Kingdom Park —Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily from Aug. 29-Nov. 2, from 7-8 a.m., featuring favorite attractions in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (same as today’s morning EMH offerings).
Extra Magic Hours will also continue to be available on select days at Epcot.
I have not yet done any Magic Hours. I'm not sure why everyone is so jazzed to have to pay a gate fee of over $ 100 and in addition another $ 100 for "Magic" hours. The only magic I see is Disney making even more money. I know you dont have to wait in line. But over $ 200 to go to a theme park? (and I am a big Disney fan, resident passholder for over 5 yrs)

LuvWDW2

I have not yet done any Magic Hours. I'm not sure why everyone is so jazzed to have to pay a gate fee of over $ 100 and in addition another $ 100 for "Magic" hours. The only magic I see is Disney making even more money. I know you dont have to wait in line. But over $ 200 to go to a theme park? (and I am a big Disney fan, resident passholder for over 5 yrs)

There is no cost for these. It’s open to all resort guests. (It’s not Early Morning Magic)

TeriofTerror

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. 😉

Tom P.

Each person is different, of course. And to each his own. I am glad Disney is offering these extra extra magic hours and I'm sure they will be packed.

For me personally, there is not an attraction on the planet that could get me to be at a theme park at 6 a.m. Heck, when I am on vacation, they could have an attraction that is offering suitcases full of cash at 6 a.m. and it would take some serious thought on my part before I decided to get up for that.

I get up every day to go to work. When I am on vacation, I want to sleep in. Bring on the late night extra magic hours!

ImperfectPixie

Each person is different, of course. And to each his own. I am glad Disney is offering these extra extra magic hours and I'm sure they will be packed.

For me personally, there is not an attraction on the planet that could get me to be at a theme park at 6 a.m. Heck, when I am on vacation, they could have an attraction that is offering suitcases full of cash at 6 a.m. and it would take some serious thought on my part before I decided to get up for that.

I get up every day to go to work. When I am on vacation, I want to sleep in. Bring on the late night extra magic hours!
As our boys get older, I'm right there with ya. I still tend to get up early when we're at Disney, but I'll stay until the parks close, too. That's the problem when your favorite times in the parks are from open-11am and then from dark-close, lol.

Tom P.

There is no minimum stay for opening weekend, I can book a single night 8/28, 8/29, 8/30 or 8/31 at all of the levels of room. However the rates are significantly higher than last year and there are no discounts available
Resort discounts for fall, with the exception of free dining, are historically never released until mid-June. However, August discounts would normally be out by now.

My suspicion -- based on nothing but my gut -- is that we will not see any discounts released for the first month or so of Galaxy's Edge, but that we will see them come out in June with typical fall discount offers on rooms for October and beyond. Even though park attendance will be through the roof for GE, park attendance is not the same as room occupancy, and Disney will want to make sure as many of those people as possible are on property during their stay.

cosmicgirl

There is no minimum stay for opening weekend, I can book a single night 8/28, 8/29, 8/30 or 8/31 at all of the levels of room. However the rates are significantly higher than last year and there are no discounts available
There was before, which could be a further indication that they're doing this to fill rooms.

Edit: I just checked again and you're about the single nights. You can even get them with a discount. But if you try 8/28-8/30 a suite at AoA is the only value option that shows up.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
A few hundred? Try several thousand. Tickets, hotel & airfare don’t come cheap (even stateside).
I guess it depends what you call several thousand. That to me would be over $5K. I doubt 2 nights at WDW and DL would come to that. Still a reasonable cost but not out of the question for someone who probably already spends quite a bit on paraphernalia each year.

Tom P.

Because. The same reason they have a copy of every single version of the movie ever released, like the 10th anniversary, director’s cut, redigitised etc. And still have the VHS tape, DVD, blue ray.
But the things you list are all DIFFERENT things. There is a reason to own the original theatrical release of a film and the director's cut and the remastered Blu-ray and so forth. All of those are different.

Galaxy's Edge is exactly the same thing at Disneyland as at Walt Disney World. There is literally no difference other than their location.

nickys

Premium Member
But the things you list are all DIFFERENT things. There is a reason to own the original theatrical release of a film and the director's cut and the remastered Blu-ray and so forth. All of those are different.

Galaxy's Edge is exactly the same thing at Disneyland as at Walt Disney World. There is literally no difference other than their location.

Indeed those things are all different. I know this because DH tells me it all the time. The fact he can’t actually watch the videos anymore because we don’t have a video player is irrelevant lol! 😂

And I cannot criticise, I am exactly the same with books. I have multiple copies of the same books! If I have a signed copy of a book, I have an unsigned copy to read. And I have hard cover and soft cover versions, maybe the soft cover is a much earlier edition and then I buy it again!

It’s the collection that’s important. And just as they collect stuff about the movies, and books and so on, so they ‘collect’ visits to Galaxy’s Edge. And they will revel in the differences. Because the two lands will feel different, and there are bound to be small differences. Maybe the casual observer will have no clue about them, but I am absolutely sure there will be a thread on this forum which will be discussing the differences that no one realised were there.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Resort discounts for fall, with the exception of free dining, are historically never released until mid-June. However, August discounts would normally be out by now.

There are August packages including AP discounts available now, with travel through the end of August. Earlier in the year prior to SWGE announcement there were packages with steep discounts and free dining for travel through September 30.

There is still plenty of across the board availability for WDW Resorts in September. I am starting to really think that the while it will be extremely busy at DHS for SWGE, it’s just going to be locals and a redistribution of crowds from one park to another. September with school and college starting it is not going to be an easy time for families to drop everything and spend a week at WDW. Unlike DLR where their version is opening at the start of the summer vacation season.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom