Lion King Dining Experience coming to Jiko at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

ThatMouse

The price is OK, but I'm not sure why you'd choose it over the regular menu? Plus, it's hard enough to choose Jiko as it is when you have a full buffet next door which is one of my go to fine dining options!

JohnD

The price is OK, but I'm not sure why you'd choose it over the regular menu? Plus, it's hard enough to choose Jiko as it is when you have a full buffet next door which is one of my go to fine dining options!

Okay $69 for the whole thing vs $49 for an entree. Then add appetizer, etc. You do the math.

3755077E-F0CD-4790-A6ED-0AFB9E6D24CF.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not expensive enough. Disney has a fiduciary responsibility to take the "guests" for all they are worth. Someone is getting fired.

Hasn’t there been grumbling that jiko is being eyed for the next dwarf meal?

Reduction of quality for mass foot traffic? Who’s to say this isn’t a step towards that?

Let’s face it - if Boma wasn’t next door; it would already be done.

aliceismad

I'd rather not choose this because I prefer other entrees, but for someone looking to save a little money on a great meal, it looks good.

Weather_Lady

Too bad it's a short-term thing.

If it's still happening (or has been turned into a permanent offering) when we visit next Feb. 2020 (staying at AKL for the first time, and have never eaten at Jiko), I'd love to try it.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
This will streamline kitchen operations and reduce overhead costs. This special limited **cough**test**cough** offer is only missing the prime rib.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Too bad it's a short-term thing.

If it's still happening (or has been turned into a permanent offering) when we visit next Feb. 2020 (staying at AKL for the first time, and have never eaten at Jiko), I'd love to try it.
What?!?

Animal kingdom might be the best hotel...as are the restaurants

I can’t believe you have stayed there before

Weather_Lady

What?!?

Animal kingdom might be the best hotel...as are the restaurants

I can’t believe you have stayed there before

As much as I frequent this board and enjoy the vacation planning process, I've "only" been to WDW 5 times as an adult-with-family, staying at 6 different resorts (3 moderate, 3 deluxe using rented DVC points). We've long wanted to stay at AKL (we checked it out during a dinner at Boma back in 2014), but were dissuaded by a number of factors, chiefly the misconception that is was "so remote" and far away from all parks but AK that we'd be taking on huge additional amounts of travel time. It was only after I read an excellent article on another site which laid out the exact travel times from different resorts-to-parks using Disney transportation that I realized the difference was negligible, and that AKL travel times are actually better than some other resorts. Our upcoming trip will also be over a very busy school break (President's Day week), and I think we'll appreciate the opportunity to relax and recoup each afternoon, far away from the increased hustle and bustle of the parks and the louder resorts. We're really looking forward to staying (and eating - Sanaa and Jiko are both on the list) there!

bhg469

As much as I frequent this board and enjoy the vacation planning process, I've "only" been to WDW 5 times as an adult-with-family, staying at 6 different resorts (3 moderate, 3 deluxe using rented DVC points). We've long wanted to stay at AKL (we checked it out during a dinner at Boma back in 2014), but were dissuaded by a number of factors, chiefly the misconception that is was "so remote" and far away from all parks but AK that we'd be taking on huge additional amounts of travel time. It was only after I read an excellent article on another site which laid out the exact travel times from different resorts-to-parks using Disney transportation that I realized the difference was negligible, and that AKL travel times are actually better than some other resorts. Our upcoming trip will also be over a very busy school break (President's Day week), and I think we'll appreciate the opportunity to relax and recoup each afternoon, far away from the increased hustle and bustle of the parks and the louder resorts. We're really looking forward to staying (and eating - Sanaa and Jiko are both on the list) there!
Sanaa is a must do for us but more and more we realize it is solely for the bread service. The sauces are truly the best part. Any indian restaurant is better IMO and the naan at my favorite indian place is probably better for the most part, but the sauces are truly unique. Obviously go there to experience it but if you want to save some money, Get the bread service with a few extra pieces of naan, and split an entree.

aliceismad

Sanaa is a must do for us but more and more we realize it is solely for the bread service. The sauces are truly the best part. Any indian restaurant is better IMO and the naan at my favorite indian place is probably better for the most part, but the sauces are truly unique. Obviously go there to experience it but if you want to save some money, Get the bread service with a few extra pieces of naan, and split an entree.
Really? That's too bad. The last time I was there was 2017, but the duck I had was excellent for the price.

Last edited:

Kevin_W

Really? That's too bad. The last time I was there was 2017, but the duck I had was excellent for the price.

Yes, the duck is quite good. The curries are not as good as what my local Indian places offer (though they are not bad.) The bread service, IMO, is overrated for the price. Disney has seen the popularity and raised the price to double what it should be (again, IMO).

I've eaten at Jiko twice (2002 and 2017) and those remain 2 of the favorite meals I've ever had, at WDW or anywhere.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

You’ll
Love it.

I’ve stayed at beach club probably “the most”...but akl is close and will surpass it before long.
My advice is to not go crazy park jumping...plan some time to enjoy what you’re paying for at the hotel.

monykalyn

We're really looking forward to staying (and eating - Sanaa and Jiko are both on the list) there!

AKL was awesome, and dd was a cm at time who got a great discount on a DVC villa. Nothing like walking in and seeing a giraffe out on the Savanna! Jiko was one of the best meals I’ve had anywhere! We wanted to go back to V&A for our 25th anniversary but was booked (went on 10th) so did Jiko instead as stayed at AKL. Then closed down Victoria Falls lounge.
Be sure to go on the free tour of the restaurants offered in Jambo house- think you meet at 4 in lobby by Jiko. Very cool.

I like Sana’a a lot too, but more for early dinner - light enough to see animals but on dinner menu which I prefer

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom