News U.S. Navy Blue Angels to fly over Epcot in early May 2019

Walt d

It was actually taken by a member of the Blue Angels communication team. This is a scan of the printed small poster they were giving to visitors at an airshow in Vero Beach they were performing at last year.
Was there for the 25th anniversary when they flew over then , very cool..

kja1269

True... if they’re flying in low enough over the castle that would be perfect. But I know that’s not guaranteed. Maybe I have to go to the bathroom! Haha
Except the fly over is at Epcot, not the castle like the poster shows. Not sure where they will be viewable from though and the sound will carry a long way as well.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Except the fly over is at Epcot, not the castle like the poster shows. Not sure where they will be viewable from though and the sound will carry a long way as well.

Multiple reports are that they’ll be flying in from the north approaching SSE to the south so the best places will be south of the fountain looking back toward SSE. When they did the MK one pictured above, they did 2 passes, both from north to south.

Here is the official Disney Parks blog video from that. Expect the same 2 passes over SSE toward the south as they did at MK.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes

I’m well aware. I was stating it’s always possible for them to do a low approach toward Epcot if they wanted to. I don’t expect that however.

ABQ

Multiple reports are that they’ll be flying in from the north approaching SSE to the south so the best places will be south of the fountain looking back toward SSE. When they did the MK one pictured above, they did 2 passes, both from north to south.

Here is the official Disney Parks blog video from that. Expect the same 2 passes over SSE toward the south as they did at MK.

SSE can be a bit too close if you're at the fountain though, I'd think a better view may be back where they typically place the Christmas tree, do you agree?

donsullivan

Premium Member
SSE can be a bit too close if you're at the fountain though, I'd think a better view may be back where they typically place the Christmas tree, do you agree?

I do agree. I think the key is you want to be at least on the south side of the fountain. If I was able to be there, I'd be back near where the monorail crosses over the promenade or even back at the beginning or World Showcase.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom