News Disney's Hollywood Studios announces 30th Anniversary celebration details for May 1 2019

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
New WDW Logos.jpg
I scared myself making these. Also I couldn't think of anyone else for EPCOT. Figment? Nah, he dead.

Isher

I don’t mind the new logo. It’s simple, but I think it’s pretty on point. It de-emphasizes the studio aspect, it includes the 3 studios represented in the park (Lucas, Disney, Pixar), and most importantly, the font is reminiscent of Hollywood’s most famous sign and landmark.

But I get why it has its detractors...

Kman101

My take, recap of the day ... The 2, 2-1/2 hour line moved fairly well (for the most part), and they had "extra" registers open for check out so that helped. I thought it made sense to contain it by Muppets and in Grand Park. The tervis, ornament, and both shirts were still available at After Hours that night. Someone was shouting the passholder magic band was sold out as you were nearing the entrance but that wasn't the case (at 10:30/11am, that is, I have no doubt it sold out later, in fact at that time they were putting out lots more). They still had a pin or two left that night ... but if you wanted the magic band(s) or pins you needed to wait. They also sold out of some of the treats, but they had the Luxo ball during After Hours at Woody's Lunchbox, so I imagine they held some back.

TrainsOfDisney

If you paid me a high priced “consulting fee” on a bet that I could come up with the worst names ever for a Disney park, I’m not sure I could top “Disney xl park” or “Disney Storyverse Park”. - what on earth are they thinking?!

Bocabear

If you paid me a high priced “consulting fee” on a bet that I could come up with the worst names ever for a Disney park, I’m not sure I could top “Disney xl park” or “Disney Storyverse Park”. - what on earth are they thinking?!
I guess if you take the name you want to stay with, then add a bunch of cringe-worthy names and turn it into a survey, you are going to get the answer you wanted to begin with... What a waste of resources....

Kman101

The logo is better in animated form. I get it from a marketing and advertising perspective. But to put the logo, with the characters, into the park as the 'new logo' is a mistake. It's getting panned more than praised. The whole 30th event was fairly panned, actually. Lack of merchandise, the parade was lame, they didn't announce anything (could have announced the TSL restaurant then, could have shown the same M&MRR stuff they had at D23 or a date announcement ... they just don't care to bother ... or want to market the stuff later). The presentation was awkward, cheesy and lackluster. Sums up a lot, actually ...

Those of you who like the new logo ... why? I sincerely want to know. I genuinely feel like some of you just like the stuff because you know others don't like it ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom