News New nighttime experience for kids coming to Disney's Beach Club Resort - 'Captain Hook's Pirate Crew'

docdebbi

This is strange to me, maybe being an only child. I'm so glad my parents never dumped me into babysitting on vacation!

i would have agreed with you until last year. On our first disney cruise, we left the kids for 2 hours to go to a nice meal, never intending to leave them again. We spent the rest of the cruise begging the kids to be with us. They LOVED the kids club. So much so that they begged us to go again just for the clubs. Specifically before the oldest is too old for the same club he was in last time.
We're going next year!

nickys

Premium Member
Sounds fun, for the kids!

But for other guests? Having the kids do a scavenger hunt through the resort could lead to some kids hurtling down a hallway, into an ECV, stroller, other guest. Not to mention getting out of sight of a CM. My kids are now grown up, but not sure I’d have liked the idea tbh. Difficult to see how they’ll keep tabs on all of them.

At least on the boat they’re contained. I assume they stay below deck!

Patcheslee

I'm mixed on this. Sure I'd like my 10yo to have time with other kids, but running around a resort and be on a boat don't know. What is the CM to kid ratio going to be? Life jackets required for the cruise? And when does "escape" and 4 year old ever go to plan?

Brooklin Disney Dad

Moderately priced...I pay my babysitter $40 when I go out to dinner and a movie with my wife. My son did the pirate adventure out of Grand Floridian years ago and enjoyed the experience. Sounds similar except with Hook and friends.

jimthedj

Just an FYI. This is really not "new". Disney has had this for a VERY long time at the Contemporary & Grand Floridian in the daytime. They are just now expanding it. Calling this "dumping off your child with a babysitter" is like calling The Magic Kingdom an expensive movie. Disney already has babysitters available if you want them and they come to your room.

Kids play without adults all the time and no one even questions that. It's a child only experience, an adventure for them, and in their mind, they are "on their own" finding pirate treasure. This experience may be remembered more than anything else at Disney.

nickys

Premium Member
Just an FYI. This is really not "new". Disney has had this for a VERY long time at the Contemporary & Grand Floridian in the daytime. They are just now expanding it. Calling this "dumping off your child with a babysitter" is like calling The Magic Kingdom an expensive movie. Disney already has babysitters available if you want them and they come to your room.

Kids play without adults all the time and no one even questions that. It's a child only experience, an adventure for them, and in their mind, they are "on their own" finding pirate treasure. This experience may be remembered more than anything else at Disney.

Those were self contained in one room. The sandcastle club had a couple of rooms with activities in them, so did PPZ @Contemporary (which is less than a year old).

This entails kids running through the resort looking for “treasure”. At 4 years old, what kid doesn’t get over-excited on a treasure hunt?

Patcheslee

I didn't see any kids cruises being offered at Grand???

BackOTheLine

I couldn’t imagine letting my kid go out on a boat without us when she was 4. In a room designed for kids to play in, sure, but there’s something that makes me nervous about the boat part. Maybe I’m being a bit overprotective or something...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Where's all the hand-wringing about historic pirate lifestyles and whether or not it's appropriate to inculcate those values in young children?

5leobeans

I’m excited to read about this, amd will pay attention to reviews over the next few months!

We’re headed to the world in October, and I was looking for a little extra fun for the kids to do. this could be an amazing opportunity’s day super fun for them

I’m sure there won’t be kids set free throughout the resorts...I feel like this could be like one of the family magic type tours.....

nickys

Premium Member
I’m excited to read about this, amd will pay attention to reviews over the next few months!

We’re headed to the world in October, and I was looking for a little extra fun for the kids to do. this could be an amazing opportunity’s day super fun for them

I’m sure there won’t be kids set free throughout the resorts...I feel like this could be like one of the family magic type tours.....

I do think it will be done in groups at least. But there is still a real possibility that a kid could easily dart off, or straggle behind and lose the group.

I’m in no way doubting the fun element!

5leobeans

I do think it will be done in groups at least. But there is still a real possibility that a kid could easily dart off, or straggle behind and lose the group.

I’m in no way doubting the fun element!

That could be true....I don’t know I’d send my lone 4 year old on this without siblings!

disneyny

I don’t understand why they can’t do this but also leave the Pixar Play Zone. My kids were looking forward to it and they loved Lilo’s Playhouse. Mine are older and I do agree that sending them on a boat adventure at 4 is very different then dropping them off at a contained center. I would not have done that when they were young but we did send four of them together to Lilo’s When the girls were 5. For my kids it was the highlight of the trip and they begged to go back- it was a very special experience for them and not at all like dumping them at a sitter.

Superdiz

This is strange to me, maybe being an only child. I'm so glad my parents never dumped me into babysitting on vacation!

We did one of these last trip. We sat and waited for the kids and watched from the dock. I didn’t consider it babysitting and the kids had a blast! Definitely will do the nifht experience. I feel like it helps them grow and feel like a big kid!

pdude81

The "night" part is wrong, correct? I hope they aren't asking 4 year olds to hunt for treasure on a boat at night

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom