Rumor Disney's 100th Anniversary

UNCgolf

His shorts were produced by the company's Florida studio. Though I'm assuming they were counting the film, which was done primarily by Richard Williams' studio in England, as the main entity behind WFRR. That and there's also issues with the rights to Roger, who's still partially owned by Spielberg's Amblin company.

Yeah, the film was a Touchstone/Amblin production rather than a Disney one. I know Touchstone was owned by Disney but they always kept it a separate thing.

wtyy21

In honor of 100th anniversary of the Walt Disney Company, here's the logo montage of Walt Disney Pictures that has led up to the new Disney100 logo.

Meanwhile, at Disneyland Paris, they held A Costellation Celebration at the nighttime, either at WDS Paris or at Disneyland proper.

helena

I've been doing a lot of AI voice work lately (a LOT-- thousands of lines and hours of voice work)-- but for a project developing a fictional character. The AI "Walt" voice seems too "flat"-- not enough pitch up and down.

From my experience using AI character voices over the last few years, this seems to be a big limitation. AI still can't seem to get the "pitch" right when trying to emphasize certain words.

Funny, a few days ago after the Super Bowl ad, I questioned whether that was actually Walt's voice and words, or AI at the end of the spot. Would love to know the answer to that one. Was that really Walt saying the quote in his own words, or an AI "Walt" reciting a modern-day corporate script?

As far as the hologram is concerned, my wife immediately noticed the hand gestures were inauthentic as well.

Sure, people our age who've seen and heard enough of the real Walt Disney can spot a fake "Walt" when we see one, but what's to stop the Walt Disney Company from replacing the real Walt Disney and his true legacy (good and bad) with their own corporatized version of "Walt?"

Frankly, this trend toward using "deep fake" AI and ChatGPT have me terrified for our children's future. Reality itself can never be trusted once these genies are fully let out of the bottle. And with so much $$$ involved, there is little chance our corporate (and political?) leaders will exercise any sort of restraint.

Any instance of "deep fake AI" or computer-generated writing should have to carry a mandatory disclaimer. Period. Orwell spoke of a future where computers generated music, art and literature. And here we are.

It seems there are very few days lately when I don't wake up and/or try to go to sleep while enduring panic attacks and anxiety. Sigh.
let me know if you find out if it was AI or his real voice I'm writing an essay for college about that ad and cant find him saying that quote anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom