Rumor Disney's 100th Anniversary

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

From an article at Variety.

"Piecing the voices and characters together in a nine-minute short was a challenge. The first cut hit the 13-minute mark. With thousands of characters to choose from, the biggest challenge wasn’t just picking the characters, it was deciding who would rise to the top."

There were definitely cameos that were left on the cutting room floor, and it's unfortunate that some of the character choices in this were questionable (the entire raya and strange world casts instead of like 2-3 characters).

TheMaxRebo

Disney 100 logo with characters from animated films.

I know yesterday was mention no Roger Rabbit in the shirt and he isn't in this either so definitely must be conscious decision that it isn't part of the Disney Animation collection

20231016_080632.jpg

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Disney 100 logo with characters from animated films.

I know yesterday was mention no Roger Rabbit in the shirt and he isn't in this either so definitely must be conscious decision that it isn't part of the Disney Animation collection

View attachment 749314
The art here is based off the mini-figures being sold at stores like Wal-Mart and Target. And Roger wasn't a figure released as part of this set.

jrhwdw

It just feels like such a simple thing WDW could do, but they just don't. Such a missed opportunity.
Maybe EF will have a Tag..........Rollseyes!!!.............

Over in DL, it's just a Halloween Cavalcade....First one I've seen all Season BTW, Was it running with Magic Happens the last month?

One one Resort(DLP) is doing something special today for D100...Isn't that a Problem?????

EPCOT-O.G.

Only major animated release besides SOTS (for obvious reasons a no go) that didn't have representation was Roger Rabbit. At least in this cut - perhaps the first (13 minutes long according to Variety) cut had him in it.
It was largely live-action though, correct? I also don’t think it was technically a WDAS film either.

Was the dragon from Pete’s Dragon in the short?

UNCgolf

It was largely live-action though, correct? I also don’t think it was technically a WDAS film either.

Was the dragon from Pete’s Dragon in the short?

Roger Rabbit wasn't a Walt Disney Studios/Productions/whatever film; that's almost certainly why it wasn't included.

Pete's Dragon was, though, as was one of the Mary Poppins penguins and at least one character from Bedknobs and Broomsticks. All of those were Walt Disney films.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Roger Rabbit wasn't a Walt Disney Studios/Productions/whatever film; that's almost certainly why it wasn't included.
His shorts were produced by the company's Florida studio. Though I'm assuming they were counting the film, which was done primarily by Richard Williams' studio in England, as the main entity behind WFRR. That and there's also issues with the rights to Roger, who's still partially owned by Spielberg's Amblin company.
Song of the South had about 20-25 minutes of animation in it, so a majority of its runtime is dedicated to the Uncle Remus/Johnny framing device. Other hybrid films (The Reluctant Dragon, Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Pete's Dragon) were included in the short so it seems the Br'er characters weren't included for the obvious reasons that I won't (and don't want to) get into.

One of the most glaring omissions is characters from So Dear to My Heart, a movie that was very personal and dear to Walt's heart (heh). Personally, I would've included Danny in the scene with Walt and Mickey's portrait, but maybe that would've made the scene a bit too sappy.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom