News Bollywood Beats coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Prototype82

I'm all for new entertainment, but I wish previously cut things would be reinstated before we get new stuff. They don't want the performers back in Rivers of Light, but yet we are getting a new show with five(?) performers.
I fear execs feel that guests are too dumb to notice that the main component of the show is gone. Shameful.

GlacierGlacier

I'm all for new entertainment, but I wish previously cut things would be reinstated before we get new stuff. They don't want the performers back in Rivers of Light, but yet we are getting a new show with five(?) performers.

From what I've learned, the shamans (ying/yang and their support) were local (US) actors/performers. These cultural acts are done though contract with other companies, allowing them to bring authentic performances to the states.

This is therefore not drawing from the same part of the budget that RoL's shamans did.

Of course, I wish RoL would get its shamans back. But these two are not intrinsically tied.

Also, cutting shamans eliminated at a minimum 6 staff (including the actors) per show - the four shamans/supports and two pilots, in case the automated nav system onboard the shaman's boats failed. Likely more backstage for costume, makeup, actor support. So it's not just as simple an employee comparison as 5 to 4, either.

Fun idea but I hate the location. That area gets jammed.

Hopefully not much more thanks to all the construction they completed back there this past fall. The stage is pulled back from the walkway a bit, hopefully drawing viewing guests from the main walkway.

jaxonp

Maybe it's just me but I personally don't miss the Shamans on the boats... I liked their preshow but don't truly miss them floating around out there.

Prototype82

Maybe it's just me but I personally don't miss the Shamans on the boats... I liked their preshow but don't truly miss them floating around out there.
Agree to disagree. The show is cringingly bad now. Before the cut it was my favorite nighttime experience. It lacks any kind of kinetic energy or context without them. Just my opinion though.

jaxonp

Agree to disagree. The show is cringingly bad now. Before the cut it was my favorite nighttime experience. It lacks any kind of kinetic energy or context without them. Just my opinion though.

Two characters that made shadow puppets missing makes the show cringingly bad now? hmmm

Prototype82

Two characters that made shadow puppets missing makes the show cringingly bad now? hmmm
What's cringy is shadows with no one casting them, shadow projections not connecting to missing props, sequences of empty spot-lit boats set to music where it feels obvious that something should be happening. Yes. I stand by what I said. I saw it once without them and that was enough. They gave it heart. They transitioned the scenes beautifully and gave it that extra wow factor. They made the "ceremony" happen. Without them, it's a bunch of pretty things with no story. But that's just my opinion.

FigmentJedi

Try to imagine Fantasmic without Mickey or any other costumed characters. Like the opening sequence is just a bunch of lights projected onto the mountain, an empty series of canoes during Pocahontas, the dragon dying for no reason, and a Ghost Steamboat at the very end.

The Shamans aren't just shadow puppeteers, they're actively conjuring and conducting the animal spirits throughout the whole thing. Boats with shadows cast from nowhere don't really cut it. They were the glue holding it all together.

Cmdr_Crimson

Oohhh, Okay...I know where this is now..Last time I was there was early 2018 it was still A stroller corral before they moved it to the former M&G area was and it had a snack stand...I'd get a hot dog there every now and then while I was back there...

BoarderPhreak

I miss the Bhangra Dance Party...

i.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom