Lunch to be discontinued at Sebastian's Bistro

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Interesting, they just opened no? They must not be having the traffic they expected but that's a shame because the place looks very nice and i really liked their initial lunch menu.

KBLovedDisney

Interesting, they just opened no? They must not be having the traffic they expected but that's a shame because the place looks very nice and i really liked their initial lunch menu.
Watching TimTracker's video on this, if I remember correctly, the location is strange and somewhat hard to locate. Maybe it was just hard to find or lacked the "stand-out" quality?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Watching TimTracker's video on this, if I remember correctly, the location is strange and somewhat hard to locate. Maybe it was just hard to find or lacked the "stand-out" quality?
Its location isn't an issue, as its right int he middle of the main Centertown area and has a lot of visibility from across the water.

I believe the issue is more a case that guests are in the parks during the day, and they just don't see the need to head back to the resort during the daytime.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Its location isn't an issue, as its right int he middle of the main Centertown area and has a lot of visibility from across the water.

I believe the issue is more a case that guests are in the parks during the day, and they just don't see the need to head back to the resort during the daytime.

Don't most TSR's at moderate resorts struggle to bring a crowd during lunch?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Yeah its a great restaurant, no question.

Absolutely, one of my favorite in park table services, but it's so disheartening/unusual (for an in-park TS) to go during lunch and have the place empty. Add to the fact the park closes so early, there really isn't a true dinner opportunity. I'm surprised it hasn't been shuttered yet.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
maybe if they would lower the outrageous prices a bit it would help. Its been a turn off for us because of that.

Tiffins is a signature restaurant, the prices reflect that. It was built to keep the people who hop over to AKL for their signature restaurants to stay in the park.

Tiffins is also hurting because DAK has a lot of good food options. And the crowd that Pandora brings in is finding Satuli Canteen to be a good meal, so, they don't look elsewhere. It would thrive at DHS or MK.

surfsupdon

Maybe when Riviera opens there will be way more demand for a lunch time restaurant. Riviera will bring lots more people to the Barefoot Bay area!!

Tony the Tigger

Tiffins is the best thing to happen to WDW dining in years, IMO. Had yet another fantastic dinner there on Tuesday.

We are staying at CBR right now. We haven’t sat down at the restaurant (the menu seemed “meh”) but we ordered some sandwiches while at the Banana Cabana and they were very good. The new market QS is also very good.

Here’s the thing: despite looking very nice, the designs of these things aren’t particularly brilliant re: functionality. Yes, you run smack into the building when you step outside the main building, but you run into the back of it. You have to walk completely around to find the bar and the restaurant. And the bartenders are hurting a bit.

bunnyman

I just returned from the Caribbean Beach last Wednesday. During the day there was hardly anyone even walking around by the restaurant. As opposed to other Moderates (i.e. PORS) where the restaurant is in the main building, Sebastian's basically is in a separate building with the front door facing the water, so you don't really even know its there, nor do you tend to even notice it walking by. While I'm at it, the "lounge" area, Banana Cabana, being an outside venue under a roof with the sides exposed wasn't the most brilliant idea either. While sitting at a long island like table, a nasty storm came through. Everything that wasn't nailed down blew all over the place (the staff had to scramble to collect all the unused place settings as utensils were moving about), and with the wind blowing the rain came in sideways and we all got wet. Should have thought that one out a little better as well.

lawdogNOLA

I'll go with those who say that there's just not enough traffic for it to be open; most people are in the parks at lunch. I do wonder if this might be seasonal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom