News Orange County Sheriffs office and a Disney Ticket Sales Center coming to Disney Springs later this year

raymusiccity

This, along with that dedicated art exhibitor, confirms Disney is having trouble leasing space, at least at the price they are demanding.

At least it's better than plastering vacant store fronts with decals and plastic sheets. Disney Springs is sure to have some additional closures and vacant stores. I think they've really hit a tipping point for the total number of stores that can succeed with leases and rents the way they are.

jt04

At least it's better than plastering vacant store fronts with decals and plastic sheets. Disney Springs is sure to have some additional closures and vacant stores. I think they've really hit a tipping point for the total number of stores that can succeed with leases and rents the way they are.

from what Steve has said, many of the retailers claim these are their best performing locations. Still think there might be more growth potential.

the.dreamfinder

from what Steve has said, many of the retailers claim these are their best performing locations. Still think there might be more growth potential.
Being the highest performing store in a company’s portfolio doesn’t mean they aren’t losing money or barely breaking even. It’s probably more about marketing and building BRAND awareness/goodwill than being immediately profitable for these companies. Consider the “not a lot of people have these stores where they live” defense of this store lineup in the era of e-commerce.

ThatMouse

Disney Springs always had a "Customer Relations" so I'm not sure if "Ticket Center" is the same thing. Can you activate your tickets here or do you still need to go to will call?

jrhwdw

PHOTOS - Disney Ticket Center now open at Disney Springs
LOVE IT!!!! LOVE that the the Parks Guidemaps are there! Is this the first "Guidemap" Center in the Springs since it opened? I remember the Ticket/GR Center in Marketplace but that was 2013(before Springs was announced I think)

Little surprised to see the full Resort Guide(in different languages) and Times & Information there(thought that was only off property)the one in the Marketplace has the full Resort Times Guide which I don't see in these pics.

Magic Feather

Disney Springs always had a "Customer Relations" so I'm not sure if "Ticket Center" is the same thing. Can you activate your tickets here or do you still need to go to will call?
The systems that this location has, and the functions that it can perform, are identical to what is found in the tickets booths outside of any park or water park. This doubles as a release valve for the nearby Guest Relations location that became the defacto ticket seller in Disney Springs.

Tony the Tigger

I’d like to confirm that as well. Although it seems Guest Services is staying open, which is just as easy.

We usually drive up the night before our official first day, stay off site that night, and go to DS to activate our new AP’s. Never had more than one person ahead of me in line, very quick and easy.

Kingoglow

Obviously the forgot to install the DVC booth. It is not a true Disney outlet until there is a salesmen handing out DVC brochures.

Janir

Since DS is becoming more like a little town I bet a FedEx or UPS store would do good business. People could mail their purchases home easily.
You can do that already from the Disney run stores. Buy and have a direct ship to home. Doesn't help with the non Disney run places.
I suppose if you had several purchases you could bundle them togther for less than the shipping charges for buying and shipping via Disney.

MrPromey

Being the highest performing store in a company’s portfolio doesn’t mean they aren’t losing money or barely breaking even. It’s probably more about marketing and building BRAND awareness/goodwill than being immediately profitable for these companies. Consider the “not a lot of people have these stores where they live” defense of this store lineup in the era of e-commerce.

This!!!

Some companies are, I'm sure, running these as loss-leaders.

Does anyone really think Coke is selling enough t-shirts and sugar water in Disney Springs to justify the size of their footprint, there?

I've also often wondered if Uniqlo got a special deal that made it profitable for them to have as big of a space as they do there and still be able to sell $10 t-shirts or if it was more of a promotional arrangement on their end, as well. Given their emphasis on signing up for email in the store and their online offers, my guess is that this large and incredibly popular store is probably doing exactly what you describe... and it appears to be working for them.

mm121

You can do that already from the Disney run stores. Buy and have a direct ship to home. Doesn't help with the non Disney run places.
I suppose if you had several purchases you could bundle them togther for less than the shipping charges for buying and shipping via Disney.
There could at least be a USPS kiosk somewhere on property would be nice. Since unlike when your home if your traveling you don't just have your package scale and printer with you to print a label from online.

But I guess if people knew every year they send stuff home its probably easier to just get or bring an extra suitcase or bag, or you could pre print a label for a flat rate box from home and bring it with you.

jt04

This!!!

Some companies are, I'm sure, running these as loss-leaders.

Does anyone really think Coke is selling enough t-shirts and sugar water in Disney Springs to justify the size of their footprint, there?

I've also often wondered if Uniqlo got a special deal that made it profitable for them to have as big of a space as they do there and still be able to sell $10 t-shirts or if it was more of a promotional arrangement on their end, as well. Given their emphasis on signing up for email in the store and their online offers, my guess is that this large and incredibly popular store is probably doing exactly what you describe... and it appears to be working for them.

I'm pretty sure 'highest performing' is synonymous with most profitable.

BoarderPhreak

I wonder if Disney subsidizes locations in DS in some way (points, rent discount, etc.) in order to fill it up. DS wouldn't be much fun with vacancies.

Then again, DS is as much (if not more) for locals than WDW guests... So it has a certain attraction as an upscale destination all its own.

jt04

I wonder if Disney subsidizes locations in DS in some way (points, rent discount, etc.) in order to fill it up. DS wouldn't be much fun with vacancies.

Then again, DS is as much (if not more) for locals than WDW guests... So it has a certain attraction as an upscale destination all its own.

My guess is Disney carefully prices rents to ensure success. Probably takes a lot of work to figure out. But it is in everyone's interest to have each succeed. If Disney was extorting rents there would be a lot more turnover. They seem to have found a good balance. IMO.

mm121

I'm sure the rents are HIGH but overall it seems most places have stayed in business.

Though we wont truly know until the leases come up for renewal in a few years, but I'm sure both Disney and the business have run their numbers.

BoarderPhreak

SF1IzaP.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom