News New Year's Eve 2018 entertainment line-up at Walt Disney World

csm

Ended up opting to go into the park instead of Poly just for a change of scenery. It was surprisingly light crowds for the midnight show. Very easy in, very easy out. Like - some average summer days aren't that manageable. They finally cracked the code by having the countdown on the earlier show too instead of how it used to be for years with Holiday Wishes then Fantasy/NYE later.

iMax

Crowds for second show were the equivalent to a Monday night HEA crowd (slow and not many people) Tonight was my first time watching Fantasy in the Sky from in the park and I was in awe during the entire finale. Can't wait for Epcot to blow my ears off tomorrow.

jrhwdw

Saw the 6:30 show and looked great!!!! Some new pyro in the Countdown/NYE Finale, The numbers pyro is gone which IMO is fine since the pyro was much bigger during the countdown last night.

The show used the same setup as last year, HEA's Spotlights but no projections.

Some vids are not available on YT this morning, since when is Fantasy In The Sky a Copyright Issue?!?!?!

jrhwdw

Crowds for second show were the equivalent to a Monday night HEA crowd (slow and not many people) Tonight was my first time watching Fantasy in the Sky from in the park and I was in awe during the entire finale. Can't wait for Epcot to blow my ears off tomorrow.
Epcot better bring it to Both ROE's Tonight!!!!!!!! Do I want to know how last nights ROE: POE went????

iMax

The numbers pyro is gone which IMO is fine since the pyro was much bigger during the countdown last night.

Some vids are not available on YT this morning, since when is Fantasy In The Sky a Copyright Issue?!?!?!
Epcot better bring it to Both ROE's Tonight!!!!!!!! Do I want to know how last nights ROE: POE went????

The numbers pyro might be being saved for the 11:50 performance tonight, I know that's what they did last year. The copyright might be because of Grim Grinning Ghosts and A Pirates Life for Me being heard in the show.

POE tag from what I saw on social media was in full swing last night (probably except for the beginning floating flares)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Epcot-TG-12.31.2018-2.jpg
Epcot-TG-12.31.2018-1.jpg

Rider

I mean... MK still has Holiday Wishes and uses Fantasy in the Sky for NYE. It's hard to make any assumptions on the fate of Holiday fireworks at Epcot.

jrhwdw

No mines or Screamers, but the rest of POE tonight was at full level! Thank God! and Thank You Epcot! It's been a very intresting POE Season!!!! Hopefully no bad surprises with 11:40 ROE tonight, Epcot lost if they screw that up!

disney4life2008

Will there be some sort of live stream of Reflections of Earth's midnight show tonight? I think I'd rather watch that than the lame crap on TV this year.

The TV specials are horrible. Dick Clark with Ryan Seacrest is a bore and Steve Harvey is even worse. I turned off Ryan when a performer started singing about throwing it down from the back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom