News Disney After Hours Events expands to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom

Dad 2 M & M

"...increase the price and increase the perks..." :hilarious: Pure comedy gold right there!

They will increase the price once the opening date for SW:GE is announced, because, let's be honest, they know there are people who are willing to pay anything to experience GE like this. They will not, however, increase the perks (outside of token gestures, like free soda).
They might even have have a second charge on top of the After Hours....an "After Hours+" or "After Hours E-Ticket"

Dad 2 M & M

Spend the money on club level and get the add on 90 day FP+ with signature services.
I guess that would be a more affordable alternative? $150 per person for three days for the "privilege" to choose FP+ 90 days out....that on top of the increased room/resort rates,,,,

TrojanUSC

Do most of the rides in MK stay open during AH? Like Splash Mountain, TomorrowLand attractions, Space Mountain, etc?

Yes, but my experience at MK after-hours event was wildly different from the Studios and DAK versions. Maybe it's changed, but the MK event started immediately at park close, which meant by the time the fireworks were over and you got anywhere, you'd already lost 20-25 minutes. Then people gravitated to the same rides (Mountains, Mine Train), even though they had more to choose from, which led to 20+ minute waits at Space and Mine Train. Additionally, the crowd level MK felt like a normal evening on a slow-ish day, not anywhere near the "private" feeling you got at the other two. By comparison, at both DAK events I went to, we started at Everest and Dinosaur where they were basically sending empty vehicles until people showed up. We made our way to Pandora during the last hour and had a similar experience there, though we'd heard there were some small waits during the first 90 minutes for FoP.

The Pho

Yes, but my experience at MK after-hours event was wildly different from the Studios and DAK versions. Maybe it's changed, but the MK event started immediately at park close, which meant by the time the fireworks were over and you got anywhere, you'd already lost 20-25 minutes. Then people gravitated to the same rides (Mountains, Mine Train), even though they had more to choose from, which led to 20+ minute waits at Space and Mine Train. Additionally, the crowd level MK felt like a normal evening on a slow-ish day, not anywhere near the "private" feeling you got at the other two. By comparison, at both DAK events I went to, we started at Everest and Dinosaur where they were basically sending empty vehicles until people showed up. We made our way to Pandora during the last hour and had a similar experience there, though we'd heard there were some small waits during the first 90 minutes for FoP.
The first after hours I did at Magic, Space was completely walk on, didn’t even have to go around they used the ramp inside that leads from exit to the loading zone. Walked off the rocket and got into the next one without waiting for a single rocket about 10 times in a row. I did have to wait about 10 minutes for the Mine Train though. Thunder was also walk on, and they let us stay on the train through multiple rides.
The second one I did was slightly busier, but never waited more than 5-10 minutes for anything (Mine Train and Peter Pan). But I did have to walk around Space to reride, but still walk on.
That sounds more like what I’ve heard most people have experience for these events at all of the parks. Curious why yours at Magic was so different.

bearprn

I don't disagree that it might be a lousy way to do business, but to ask whether you can sue them for it sounds like the typical issue with the court systems in the US. If you don't like something, you sue. Vote with your dollars if it upsets you, but to ask if you can sue over it, the easy answer is no.
People won’t do that, they would rather fuss, moan and complain about it while passively handlng over their money . Why ? BECAUSE IT’s DISNEY! It’s like legal entertainment crack- they cannot let it go even though it’s a poor shadow of it’s former entertainment value and product ! With enough people ( I know it will not happen) saying I’m mad as heck and I’m am not paying these prices anymore! Have a staycation or (heaven forbid, I can’t believe I am even thinking this) go somewhere else and stay away we might see some changes ! I have had been an APH holder off and on for more than 15 years and yes I have been to few DAHs and a few Halloween parties over the years. The discounts for the parties kept at an average of $85 with tax (as a treat to me it was worth it for the price) but I decided my last visit was going to be my last for the foreseeable future. Because of the increasing crowds, the horrible fiasco FP and the general feeling of we don’t care if you have a great time or not from Disney. It’s a good thing because lo and behold they got even more greedy and had to push that price tag over $100, that would have done it for me. They’re making plenty of profit already but of course that’s never enough. They continue to cut staff, I don’t even want to think about safety issues with all these added operatoring hours and lower staff ratios! And continue to mess with the GA hours so they can offer upcharge events. I will continue to stay away until most of what they are working on now open. I will use my remaining unexpiring tickets bought many years ago to see the new stuff only because the tickets are already paid for and I am going use them since I cannot sell them ! These were bought back in the late 80s/ early90s maybe and I will not waste them ! Then I am sadly done. I say sadly only because of the family tradition of introducing Disney to the younger generations (4 generations now)was always such happy & fun memories! How it was will be greatly missed, that Disney is gone forever I believe.☹️😢

Kman101

Yeah how dare a regular guest try and enjoy regular hours. The nerve of some people. Right?

The park has always regularly been open until 12 or 1am? Where have I been? (I don't disagree with your overall point, mind you ... but at the same time, lets be real, park hours have been decreased for a long time now. Regular park hours are not the same as they were in 1989 or 1999 - and I do disagree with promptly closing at 9pm). Most of the regular hours they close promptly at 9, minus the few nights they stay open later ... which is usually when something isn't going on at night.

I think they've overdone what they're doing but as someone who finally experienced After Hours ... I get it's appeal. It's a great time without any crowds. It was beautiful. But I won't pay it again. And keeping the park open until 12 or 1am on the regular won't produce the same low crowds. Trust me, at least the MK would still be packed. For the MK, After Hours makes sense. The other parks, it's more of a way to get some money and give guests a chance to ride most things with no wait and experience new lands with low crowds. It's not the worst idea but I know we all have a jaded opinion of them so it's hard to swallow what many of us see as greed.

I think in general the parks should all be open later. But After Hours isn't the worst thing in the world. I have more issue with the hard ticket parties taking up the bulk of each week.

But I know it's fun to beat the "everything sucks" drum.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The park has always regularly been open until 12 or 1am? Where have I been? (I don't disagree with your overall point, mind you ... but at the same time, lets be real, park hours have been decreased for a long time now. Regular park hours are not the same as they were in 1989 or 1999 - and I do disagree with promptly closing at 9pm). Most of the regular hours they close promptly at 9, minus the few nights they stay open later ... which is usually when something isn't going on at night.

I think they've overdone what they're doing but as someone who finally experienced After Hours ... I get it's appeal. It's a great time without any crowds. It was beautiful. But I won't pay it again.

I think in general the parks should all be open later. But After Hours isn't the worst thing in the world. I have more issue with the hard ticket parties taking up the bulk of each week.

I also remember when the parks regularly closed at 6 Pm during the off season. So now we have fewer late nights and fewer early nights. We've kind of settled.into 10PM at MK most of the year (except Jan/Feb) and 9 PM everywhere else. Although I suspect DHS will soon be having lots of late nights.

Kman101

I also remember when the parks regularly closed at 6 Pm during the off season. So now we have fewer late nights and fewer early nights. We've kind of settled.into 10PM at MK most of the year (except Jan/Feb) and 9 PM everywhere else. Although I suspect DHS will soon be having lots of late nights.

Exactly. Now do we agree with those closure times? Probably not. I think they should all be open later, but to say the parks were open until 12/1am on the regular, that isn't true anymore and hasn't been for a long time. So guests aren't actually losing out. It's not like Disney posts park hours and then cuts them and adds an after hours party ...

Anyway ... why Epcot World Showcase isn't open on the regular until 12-1am surprises me. Even 11 would be great. I wish they'd get out of their ridgid closure times. Sure, sometimes they change them day of, or week of, etc. and I get "slower times", but let's be real, slow season doesn't exist anymore. "Less slammed" does ... (January/February is a great time to hit the parks if you time it right)

I agree. I can see DHS staying open later. I imagine EMH every day or however they did it with Toy Story Land.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

I think they've overdone what they're doing but as someone who finally experienced After Hours ... I get it's appeal. It's a great time without any crowds. It was beautiful. But I won't pay it again. And keeping the park open until 12 or 1am on the regular won't produce the same low crowds. Trust me, at least the MK would still be packed. For the MK, After Hours makes sense. The other parks, it's more of a way to get some money and give guests a chance to ride most things with no wait and experience new lands with low crowds. It's not the worst idea but I know we all have a jaded opinion of them so it's hard to swallow what many of us see as greed.

I actually just think it sucks when people get uppity about the poors standing around the park 7 minutes past the time when they “should” be out of there. I think it’s more annoying that the after party crowd shows up at 7 when the party doesn’t start till 10.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Appreciate the feedback. I think I am going to give this a try on Friday. 6 hours in the park with walk on's seems like a winner to me.
Only the last 2 hours are walk ons for popular attractions. Slinkly dog may be the last hour. Keep in mind you have to wait for the queue to clear of day guests.

The Pho

Appreciate the feedback. I think I am going to give this a try on Friday. 6 hours in the park with walk on's seems like a winner to me.
They’re really awesome. I got on 21 rides in 3 hours for Studios 2 weeks ago, so a ride every 8.5 minutes including ride, travel, and ice cream time.

It’s only walk on for the party itself only. The park shuts at 9, and cycles out the non party people. Party starts at 9:30 and ends at 12:30. There may be slight lines early on, but people spread out quickly. People tend to gravitate to the big ride first (FoP and Slinky) then spread to the others, so I’d suggest starting with others and ending with Toy Story to maximize time. Star Tours was walk on for an hour before the party started.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom