News Whirlpool brand is the Official Kitchen and Laundry Appliance of Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort

Bocabear

It's all about Disney getting money for the advertising...or free appliances for their DVC units. No one cares who the official appliane maker is.. It was just obligatory for them to make the press release to uphold their end of the bargain... Because they really need to have discounted appliances for the overinflated priced DVC units.
For what we pay for points and maintenance, all the appliances should be high end Sub Zero, Miele, Wolf and the like...They would also hold up a hell of a lot better than the crap they put in those units.

Walt d

DVC, kitchens and washer/dryers
If bob igor only new cess pool like i do they would go with ge there a really bad Company. They way they abuse their workers, and fire them for doing their job. Move the main factory from were it sat from the 60s. How they use cheep parts in the washers and dryer‘s so they break down right away. The fixit guy will become your next Family member you’ll be there so much. Those that no by somthing else...not cess pool.

Phil12

If bob igor only new cess pool like i do they would go with ge there a really bad Company. They way they abuse their workers, and fire them for doing their job. Move the main factory from were it sat from the 60s. How they use cheep parts in the washers and dryer‘s so they break down right away. The fixit guy will become your next Family member you’ll be there so much. Those that no by somthing else...not cess pool.
But the advantage is that the parts are inexpensive and readily available so the average DIY person can repair their own appliances. For many washers, dryers, dishwashers, ovens, refrigerators and microwaves the parts can be ordered on the web. And, of course, there are a plethora of YouTube videos available that will show you how to diagnose and repair most any appliance problem.

Anyone recall the days when all of the TV's at WDW were Sony? Sony was a sponsor so WDW had Sony TV's in all the resorts and all the attraction queues had Sony TV's as well. Of course, that was back in the days when CRT television sets were the norm.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Maytag machines really went down hill after Whirlpool bought them. Those Maytag machines used to last 25 years and now they breakdown in 3-5 years.
Maybe it's the machines you buy. We bought a Maytag laundry pair in 2009 and haven't had any issues with either unit.

Disneyrailfan1996

As a result, I have just ordered a new Whirlpool oven and refrigerator. Time to send my GE appliances to the curb.

COP update must be forthcoming with the new sponsor.
Funny you say that because, considering GE was the sponsor for the carousel until 83, there are (at least until now) GE microwaves and ovens in at least the contemporary and bay lake tower Hotel rooms and in the Poly bungalows (I don’t know about the others, I’ve not stayed anywhere else recently). No clue if this was a partnership or contract with GE to put them in the rooms, but I find it funny since they used to sponsor one of my favorite attractions.

janoimagine

Dissapointed at this ... for as much as Disney charges for everything you would think they would have gone with Viking, Thermador ... Wolf, Sub-Zero ... Jenn-Air ... seems to be more in line with their 'perception' of their product ... Just sayin'.

eliza61nyc

It's all about Disney getting money for the advertising...or free appliances for their DVC units. No one cares who the official appliane maker is.. It was just obligatory for them to make the press release to uphold their end of the bargain... Because they really need to have discounted appliances for the overinflated priced DVC units.
For what we pay for points and maintenance, all the appliances should be high end Sub Zero, Miele, Wolf and the like...They would also hold up a hell of a lot better than the crap they put in those units.

Naw, I have rental properties and sorry I would never put high end stuff in the rentals.

You called it. lol, I'm in Philly and you should see the advertising around here since the Eagles won the superbowl. EVERYTHING is.....
"the official ____ of the Championship Philadelphia Eagles" . Auto dealers, pretzels (yes there is an official pretzel for the eagles), lunch meat .... I always wondered how much do you have to pay to say you are the Official whatever of the Eagles?

dreamfinder

Dissapointed at this ... for as much as Disney charges for everything you would think they would have gone with Viking, Thermador ... Wolf, Sub-Zero ... Jenn-Air ... seems to be more in line with their 'perception' of their product ... Just sayin'.

Remember though, brand perceptions goes both ways. It may be equally telling if more prestigous brands choose not to partner with Disney. Either Disney wanted too much of their smaller more targeted advertising budget, or they chose not to partner because they didn't feel that people gong to WDW were their current target audience.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It's pretty common knowledge that the quality of the machines have gone way down since Whirlpool bought them. In fact they aren't even Maytag machines anymore. Whirlpool just puts the Maytag sticker on a Whirlpool made machine.

"On April 1, 2006, Whirlpool completed its acquisition of Maytag Corporation. In May 2006, Whirlpool announced plans to close the former Maytag headquarters office in Newton, as well as laundry product manufacturing plants in Newton, Iowa; Herrin, Illinois; and Searcy, Arkansas by 2007.[23] Following the Maytag headquarters closure, all brand administration was transferred to Whirlpool's headquarters in Benton Harbor, Michigan. The Maytag name would now be used on Whirlpool-designed appliances. Most Maytag employees were terminated, but some were offered jobs at Whirlpool. The board of directors of Maytag all received five years' severance pay.[citation needed] Former Maytag chairman and CEO, Ralph F. Hake, received two years' base salary and two years' target bonus under his severance agreemen"
Well, our set must have been made by the last surviving Maytag workers in the company. No complaints.

janoimagine

Remember though, brand perceptions goes both ways. It may be equally telling if more prestigous brands choose not to partner with Disney. Either Disney wanted too much of their smaller more targeted advertising budget, or they chose not to partner because they didn't feel that people gong to WDW were their current target audience.
No worries ... I was actually being sarcastic ... Disney may perceive itself as a premium brand, and its costs and uncharges reflect that perception, but it no longer is ... their brand and product have become more and more diluted in years past than I have ever seen.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Jenn-Air is a Whirlpool Brand, so we may well see Jenn-Air or KitchenAid as the appliances used in Food and Wine. For the DVC units, I'd probably expect Whirpool, but you never know.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
No worries ... I was actually being sarcastic ... Disney may perceive itself as a premium brand, and its costs and uncharges reflect that perception, but it no longer is ... their brand and product have become more and more diluted in years past than I have ever seen.
Not if you look at them as an entertainment company, and not just a movie studio(s)/TV network(s)/theme park(s) company.

janoimagine

Jenn-Air is a Whirlpool Brand, so we may well see Jenn-Air or KitchenAid as the appliances used in Food and Wine. For the DVC units, I'd probably expect Whirpool, but you never know.
Correct ... Jenn-Air is whirlpools luxury line ... I should have remebered that ... we have a Jenn Air kitchen.
Not if you look at them as an entertainment company, and not just a movie studio(s)/TV network(s)/theme park(s) company.
Im speaking only in terms of Disney World.

Bocabear

Naw, I have rental properties and sorry I would never put high end stuff in the rentals.

You called it. lol, I'm in Philly and you should see the advertising around here since the Eagles won the superbowl. EVERYTHING is.....
"the official ____ of the Championship Philadelphia Eagles" . Auto dealers, pretzels (yes there is an official pretzel for the eagles), lunch meat .... I always wondered how much do you have to pay to say you are the Official whatever of the Eagles?
But do your rentals bring in
$500-$1500.00 per night?

MAGICFLOP

Came here to say the same thing. I'll expand however with.....

Why should I care?
Why is this worthy of an announcement? What's next, Kohler is the official toilet?
Why does this need a Press release?
Because its important...

What we need to know is that these appliances are only in Select Villas.. Which begs, when I book and ask for a villa that has whirlpool appliances, will they be able to confirm it in my reservation... hate to show up and there is Maytags staring at me..

I just hope this doesn't create a waiting list for select villas...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom