Flamingo Crossings Housing

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know this has been discussed before but what happens when a CM either quits, or gets fired? Do they also get evicted?

also what does this mean:
$699 per installment/per person.

every 2 weeks? every month?

They have to vacate within 48 hours...or at least That’s the way they used to run it at vista lay/Chatham. The yield any “rent paid”

It’s all in “the contract”

I don’t know what they charge now...but it used to be about 80% of the pay. I would imagine it has gone up...coincidentally...just as the minimum wages has??

JoeCamel

I know this has been discussed before but what happens when a CM either quits, or gets fired? Do they also get evicted?

also what does this mean:
$699 per installment/per person.

every 2 weeks? every month?
I'm guessing but every month. I could see the 2 bed furnished unit for $999 per and rent the whole thing, how many hours do I need to work to get a card?

This seems so strange to me. How many single people work at disney that would want to share an apartment?
What if you have a family? Can you rent a whole unit? Can they really kick you out if you stop working for Disney. The college program was one thing but this is entirely another.
Seems to me this is one of Disneys decisions that seemed great precovid but quickly turned into a nightmare. That looks to be a flood of apartments.

monorail81

Also, what’s going to happen to the CMs who are living there when they (finally) restart the CP in a few years? Are they going to get evicted?

maxairmike

They probably just won’t offer to renew leases as DCP demand grows. My guess is DCP isn’t going to start back full force but grow over time.

This. I doubt they'll come close to filling the complexes even if they were to fully open them up for leasing, so they can start phasing in the CPs as they stop renewing leases of regular CMs and not really have a concern on space.

The floor plans will naturally discourage couples/families if the terms don't already. I'm curious how many CMs that share rooms in the complexes in the area like Cagan, Camden World Gateway, Camden Town Square, and the many others will choose to be here over those other complexes. I know shared rent and utilities in those places generally runs a bit less than the prices listed for the new housing, but I can see the location and traffic situation being very attractive, even without the commercial buildout right now. Commuting home even to those near complexes off property could be a real pain pre-COVID even when not at peak times.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
This. I doubt they'll come close to filling the complexes even if they were to fully open them up for leasing, so they can start phasing in the CPs as they stop renewing leases of regular CMs and not really have a concern on space.

The floor plans will naturally discourage couples/families if the terms don't already. I'm curious how many CMs that share rooms in the complexes in the area like Cagan, Camden World Gateway, Camden Town Square, and the many others will choose to be here over those other complexes. I know shared rent and utilities in those places generally runs a bit less than the prices listed for the new housing, but I can see the location and traffic situation being very attractive, even without the commercial buildout right now. Commuting home even to those near complexes off property could be a real pain pre-COVID even when not at peak times.

I live at Cagan and I know there are a LOT of CMs here. The price to live here compared to Flamingo would lead to me believe most will not move. The commute up Avalon to western way isn't awful

maxairmike

The current Disney management believes that there is unlimited amounts of money and they can set their prices

Before some wisealvin says “wasn’t it always that way??”

...no
I will say that it is likely American Campus Communities setting these prices with relatively little guidance from Disney as to price, or at least that would be my guess. They both probably just want this filled enough to not be a complete loss and just sitting entirely vacant until the Programs start up again. The prices do seem a little high IMO (especially for the 2 bedroom), but given the rent for other new complexes around here, I can't say I'm entirely surprised, since they are trying to rent to more "regular" people at the moment.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I will say that it is likely American Campus Communities setting these prices with relatively little guidance from Disney as to price, or at least that would be my guess. They both probably just want this filled enough to not be a complete loss and just sitting entirely vacant until the Programs start up again. The prices do seem a little high IMO (especially for the 2 bedroom), but given the rent for other new complexes around here, I can't say I'm entirely surprised, since they are trying to rent to more "regular" people at the moment.
Those local prices are based on the 2015-2019 “we’re all gonna be rich!” Climate in Orlando.

...that world isn’t there now

maxairmike

Those local prices are based on the 2015-2019 “we’re all gonna be rich!” Climate in Orlando.

...that world isn’t there now
Well, I wish them good luck with their "1 month free!" promos that literally every single complex's website I've looked at has going on. The unit next to me sat vacant for about 3 months, which is the longest any unit in my corner has been vacant for the time I've been in this complex. It seems the big real estate/development companies are content to eat extended vacancies instead of dropping actual rates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom