News New Hyper-Reality Experiences to be Set in Disney Universes; ‘Ralph Breaks VR’ Debuts Fall 2018

Kman101

I hope so. I'm in the minority that wasn't crazy about the first Ralph and feel like the new one is going to be one big product-placement party. Ready Player One had the same problem.

This experience could be interesting and seems fitting for Ralph. I liked the first movie. I have the same concerns about the second one and I became instantly unenthused seeing the picture of the princess slumber party. Everyone lost their minds over it on the Twitter and social media, while I was over here cringing at the thought. I can look past some of my initial annoyances if it's a solid plot, but we'll see.

Kevin_W

Can anyone give me a good idea of what the Void experience is like? I have a VR headset and it's a lot of fun, but limited. I know that you can move around freely in the Void, but are there physical elements that mimic in shape or layout what you're seeing in the goggles? I mean, are there doors to walk through or that kind of thing or is it just a big, empty room where you can only move five or six feet?

I've used a friends HTC Vive a few times so I was pretty excited about doing this. I was actually somewhat underwhelmed. It still enjoyed it, just not as much as I had hoped to.

The physical sets were cool to have, but you could really feel the limitations of the fairly small physical set so it wasn't as expansive as I'd hoped. I thought you would be playing in a warehouse/large building, moving room to room. But you are still confined to a pretty small area.

Castle Cake Apologist

This experience could be interesting and seems fitting for Ralph. I liked the first movie. I have the same concerns about the second one and I became instantly unenthused seeing the picture of the princess slumber party. Everyone lost their minds over it on the Twitter and social media, while I was over here cringing at the thought. I can look past some of my initial annoyances if it's a solid plot, but we'll see.

Did you watch the latest trailer, with a clip of part of the slumber party scene? I thought the same thing when I saw the images, but the scene itself seems like it will be pretty funny.

Dole Whip Happy Hour

Has anyone ever been to Void? What was your experience like?

We LOVED The Void during our family June trip. The four of us, DH, my 16 year old son, 12 year old daughter and I , had no VR experience when we did this and it kinda blew our minds. It was one of the top favorite things on our trip. Even my 12 year daughter, who isn't a Star Wars fan thought it was fun. It might be an unpopular opinion, but we liked The VOID better than FOP. Despite the VR is a higher quality on FOP. Now I wish we would have done the Star Wars a second time because there is nothing like this where we live.
We were 45 minutes early for our appointment, and they were able to get us in sooner. I don't think it was a busy time for them. We had to sign a waiver, and there was a short thing to watch. A guy helped us put on the gear, and headed us over to the room. We were the only group in the little room, we didn't have to share the room with others, and that was nice, it was just us. The guy said that if we had any problems and needed help, to raise an arm straight up and help would come. Once it started, it took us couple of minutes to figure out what is going on with what we were seeing and how things worked. I had a little bit of a problem with my vision being a little blurry at times. I am not sure if my glasses or viser were smudged, or if I was having problems adjusting to the VR with my bifocal glasses on, but it wasn't bad enough to take away from the overall experience. It was simply incredible to me, to hold up my hand and see it with storm trooper armour on, to know those other storm troopers moving around were my family. I could identify who was who by their height. My daughter was a short storm trooper. No matter where I looked, I saw details of a room on a ship/scene in the Star Wars world. I don't want to say what happened, for fear of spoilers, but the story line lead us from room to room as part of a "mission". There were a couple of easy puzzles that my 12 year old and I worked out while my hubby and son fought off the bad guys with blasters. I loved the way it worked out it seemed like teamwork. The puzzles were real things we physically touched, so that was a neat touch to have worked into the VR. There were hazzards we had to avoid, like being shot, (when I was hit, I felt a vibration on the chest gear) or VR that made it look like I was walking across something narrow over a fire or a fatal drop. I loved the feeling of being able to interact in this world. Not sure how it would compare with other VR experiences.

I am Timmy

Oh man! Wreck it Ralph is my DS favorite movie. Guess we'll be doing this in Dec.! It should be open, right? Last Dec. I had made res. for the Star Wars one in advance, and when our day came we showed up and there were no people. We got right in. Enjoyed so much we signed up for another one a couple hours later! Had a dinner res., then came back for another round. We love Star Wars, so it was an easy choice.

I am Timmy

I did it twice. Loved it the first time. the second time it wasn't as fun. It is completely linear so the repeat play isn't as fun.
I can agree with this, the first time was more fun. However, we probably shouldn't have done the 2nd one the same day. We go to Orlando for 3 weeks, so in hindsight doing a second time might have been more enjoyable had we put some time between the 2 visits. Maybe allowed ourselves to do so many other things in between that the second time would've felt more newish...... not sure that makes sense. But I think if Wreck it Ralph is running when we go, and we love it, I'll try and talk my family into waiting a week to do it again.

Yankee Mouse

What is the age group for this going to be?

I was wondering the same thing. According to the void website, you have to be at least 10 years old and 48 inches. I did the star wars one and thought my daughter would love it but she is only seven. She loves ralph but I am not even going to tell her about this because she will be disappointed she can't do it. Hopefully they change that age requirement for ralph or any future kid oriented ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom