News New store coming to the former LittleMissMatched location at Disney Springs

toeknee

My favorite stop at DS. I'm glad to see it moving to a more prominent location.

I think I recall seeing that the Hanes T-shirt place was closing as well. Which might mean something planned for the entire unit?

Jordanaous

Spoke to Disney artist, Greg McCullough the other day and he said that he's moving into a store at Disney Springs - so it sounds like this will be it. He's bringing some of his original artwork to the gallery, including some ginormous pieces. He said it should be open by November, but didn't ask for an exact date at the time.

ThatMouse

Disney can't find a tenant to move in and they don't want it empty over the holidays. It would be interesting to know what kind of deal Greg got! Is it rude to ask him? lol

trainplane3

Disney can't find a tenant to move in and they don't want it empty over the holidays. It would be interesting to know what kind of deal Greg got! Is it rude to ask him? lol
When I spoke to him, it sounds like Disney commissioned (contracted?) him to do art for them. Then he just stuck around because his art sold well enough to do more. I may be off a bit on this though...

We said the mouse must be paying you quite a bit to do this art (as a joke!) and he responded with "enough to keep me down in Orlando". That was 4-5ish years ago, when he planned on only doing it for another 3. Obviously plans changed!

He's a great guy and I'm glad he's getting more recognition.

Fun fact: He originally did a giant version of his "Dream it, Do it" in one of the houses in Celebration (believe it was there). Then after that he got permission to sell it as a regular print/giclee/poster in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom