News Disney's Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf closing for refurbishment Sep 2018

geekza

Well, phooey. I had never been there, but I enjoy a good game of putt-putt and thought about giving it a try in November. Oh, well. Things require upkeep and refurbishment, so no big deal.

Biff215

Did they change a name?
Which one is the fairways course?
The article only mentioned a garden course, and a Fantasia course.
I think the Fairways course is known as Gardens.
Well, phooey. I had never been there, but I enjoy a good game of putt-putt and thought about giving it a try in November. Oh, well. Things require upkeep and refurbishment, so no big deal.
I think this is only down in September so you should be good.

Hopefully this is further confirmation that we won’t lose these courses when the new Swolphin tower is built next door.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens is tickling my fancy right now. I wonder if I could convince the family to squeeze in a quick round in January after our cruise but before we need to head to MCO... :)

I think the Fairways course is known as Gardens.

Per Disney, the two courses are the Fantasia Gardens course and the Fantasia Fairways course. I played the Fantasia Fairways course last week, which was in good shape. It did look like the adjoining Fantasia Gardens course (which was significantly busier) could use a refurbishment, so this is good news.

KnightRonin

My wife and I played a game at the Gardens a couple of months ago, but we had some minor issues. It definitely needs a minor refurb. It was a LOT of fun, but some of the animated elements were not working -- including the Chernabog appearance in the tunnel.

YorkshireT

I played the Gardens course and of July :

1. Big puddles not draining away. Made play after rain very difficult.
2. Looked surprisingly scruffy, course dirty/ stained, bits of trash and leaves all over.
3. Some of interactive elements not working.

I wouldn't have been too happy if paying out all that money for 4, but I get a UK 14 day super dooper ticket as I call it for about $450 which includes absolutely everything including golf .

They sent me a survey after asking about it and I said it needed a refurb.

Ripken10

Am I missing something...if you are going in November, you can still go to the course. The article says it will be open again by then...

geekza

Am I missing something...if you are going in November, you can still go to the course. The article says it will be open again by then...
No. Either I missed it or the original article didn't have exact dates when I looked at it. Probably the former.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom