News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Kman101

Wow that’s disappointing that the speedway is not getting its retheme.

It could just be a phased thing. I don't think the general public has any idea about a Speedway re-theme.

Could always close again. They're not going to announce a re-theme in a blog post, they're likely saving it for next year. But just all a guess on my part. Of course she'd say "it will be the same attraction". In their own way, they aren't "wrong". It's still the same, it just may have a new theme. You can still ride around in cars on a racetrack speedway. You have to sometimes "think like them" ;) lol

Kman101

I imagine they don't want anything closed in 2019 for a long period of time. DHS will be overwhelmed. Meaning so will the MK. I can see them waiting until 2020 to close it down for the final part of the re-theme. I know why everyone worries budget was slashed, that's always my first thought too, but I think there's actually a strategy involved. We'll see if I'm right or Martin comes in and says "well ..." #BlameFox

MaC410

So my next trip to Disney World will be my 3rd trip ever...Two of those 3 times I've gone the Raiload is closed. I do not have good luck with that "attraction" haha.

Our trip is at the end of March 2019. I have a feeling the speedway will be closed by then. Definitely a bit disappointed. I really like the speedway.

Kman101

One wishes that the Speedway unto itself will become a thing of the past sooner as opposed to later...

Lot of valuable real estate there...

Part of me definitely agrees. It's popular though and many guests enjoy it so I can see why it was kept. It's not really a 'problem' right now. It can easily be removed later, but it is a decent chunk of land that could house a couple of things instead of one.

Kman101

Probably laughing at us for the immediate, but fun and joyful, speculation.

lol

Did they (meaning Disney officially) actually say the speedway would be re-themed last year? I need to go check. I didn't think a re-theme was public knowledge, really, so it's not a surprise it wouldn't be mentioned in the blog post. I think this is a case of reading too much into it, but who knows? #BLAMEFOX

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
lol

Did they (meaning Disney officially) actually say the speedway would be re-themed last year? I need to go check. I didn't think a re-theme was public knowledge, really, so it's not a surprise it wouldn't be mentioned in the blog post. I think this is a case of reading too much into it, but who knows? #BLAMEFOX

Nothing has been confirmed about the speedway from what I have seen and read. Martin mentioned it I believe...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom