News Disney removing plastic straws and more by mid-2019

JohnD

Biggest issue I have with these paper straws are with the frozen drinks. I love frozen lemonades but the straws don't hold up well. Would love the larger paper straws they give you with the drinks in Pandora!

For now on I’m bringing my own straws. I have a nice solid one I received with my orange bird cup from Epcot. I’m still here. Think I’ll take it with me to the parks the rest of the week. If we can reuse bags, I’ll reuse a straw.

Jlasoon

Used a paper straw at Animal Kingdom a few days ago. Lasted about 5 minutes with my Starbucks drink. Tossed it, tossed the cap & just drank from the 'plastic' cup. And don't get me going on the terrible taste you get from these paper straws. Just brutal!

Seems like a stupid solution looking for a problem.

NormC

Still waiting for the source of the chemical laden paper straw claim. The manufacturer of Disney's paper straws claims they are chemical free.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We've used paper straws before, and my wife and kids (especially my wife) can tell when something doesn't taste right. No taste problems with the paper straws except for if we wanted to bring the drink with us after the meal, it would get soggy and start breaking down after an hour or so.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Open question to those who have used the new paper straws Do they fall apart quickly? Do they give your drink a paper taste or any other off taste? Are they readily available in the parks? Final question should I bring my own plastic straws?
IMHO perfectly safe with no taste or turning into mush

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Used a paper straw at Animal Kingdom a few days ago. Lasted about 5 minutes with my Starbucks drink. Tossed it, tossed the cap & just drank from the 'plastic' cup. And don't get me going on the terrible taste you get from these paper straws. Just brutal!

Seems like a stupid solution looking for a problem.
You'd have to have no taste buds to completely miss the cardboard/wet paper taste.
AK has had the paper straws for years. Is this your first time visiting the park or did they replace the old paper straws with a new version with a taste to them?

RSoxNo1

Biggest issue I have with these paper straws are with the frozen drinks. I love frozen lemonades but the straws don't hold up well. Would love the larger paper straws they give you with the drinks in Pandora!
I'm ok with the paper straws on the night blossom.

John Zeller

I had the same issue. The straw would start coming apart halfway through my frozen lemonade. I started taking extra straws to replace the soggy one.

I didn't have any issues using the paper straw with regular soft drinks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom