VFX Voice takes an in-depth look at the creation of Avatar Flight of Passage

kap91

I’m surprised the article says the avatar in the queue is a “digital animation”. If that’s a screen it’s the only time I’ve ever been fooled and damn it’s good.

Also, as a person that works in post, my brain is hurting at the idea of a 10k stereo 60 FPS project.

winstongator

I’m surprised the article says the avatar in the queue is a “digital animation”. If that’s a screen it’s the only time I’ve ever been fooled and damn it’s good.

Also, as a person that works in post, my brain is hurting at the idea of a 10k stereo 60 FPS project.
What’s post?

winstongator

Avatar: Flight of Passage” begins in the queue as guests get a peek inside a high-tech research lab to view an avatar still in its growth state inside an amnio tank. The room features charts and screens that show how humans will “connect” with a fully developed avatar for their upcoming flight on a banshee. The Na’vi avatar floating in the tank is digital animation. (Photo: Kent Phillips)
I was fooled too! That’s almost unbelievable

kap91

I feel as if thats a misprint or something because how can that thing be a digital animation???!
It wouldn’t be the first time an article about theme parks got something drastically wrong but then again it being a screen would explain a lot of the questions about the mechanics. Now I’m more baffled then ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom