News New 'Disney Junior Dance Party!' live show opening later this year at Disney's Hollywood Studios

raymusiccity

This is officically the most depressing thing I have even seen. Just when I thought Hollywood Studios could not achieve a new low, this offering tops it. The "Let's Dance, Woo Hoooo!" is not quality entertainment.
Agree 100% Starting the show with question and answer session has every toddler looking around with 'Please rescue me' looks on their faces! 😶

RSD Part Deux

I thought this would have been something that is constantly running. They used to use this space for an EMH dance party and you could come and go as you please. Not too happy that this has scheduled showtimes.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
They had the perfect opportunity to parody Deadmau5 and blew it! Spin me out Dee Jay!

*Is it really that bad? Watched the entire vid. Needs some work but it's fair considering what it is. They need to streamline the script and make more interactive. Quick Fix: Host needs jokes. Idea: Show change to "Dance Contest" with an interactive "Applause-o-meter/Get Loud" indicator. Add character judge in a CGI "Monster Inc Laugh floor" style commentary.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It seems to me like this show/dance party doesn't really hit the mark in either regard. It isn't a dance party, as the kids quickly lock onto the screens and just zone out. When the characters do appear, the choreography is too difficult for pre-school kids, and they aren't able to follow along with the characters.

trainplane3

It seems to me like this show/dance party doesn't really hit the mark in either regard. It isn't a dance party, as the kids quickly lock onto the screens and just zone out. When the characters do appear, the choreography is too difficult for pre-school kids, and they aren't able to follow along with the characters.
Just skimming through your video, I'd agree. (mostly) Everyone's just standing around. I guess I was expecting to have the characters in the audience dancing around.

Obviously not an attraction for me but this doesn't look like it's working.

OSX

No, but Disney should be making attractions that would appeal to everyone, from a four year old, to a fourteen years old, to a forty year old, to a hundred year old. Making attractions that cater solely to four year olds is misguided.
So you're the reason why Alien Encounter closed.

Kman101

No, but Disney should be making attractions that would appeal to everyone, from a four year old, to a fourteen years old, to a forty year old, to a hundred year old. Making attractions that cater solely to four year olds is misguided.

You mean like a fun puppet show? ;) This looks like a swing and a miss. At least they use more foamheads than Disneyland (er, DCA), no?

Brooklin Disney Dad

Meh.

But it at least makes sense for the toddler crowd. Are they having trouble understanding puppets now so they need to see a dance party instead?

I still find dance parties lazy. But if it's out of the way ...
Agreed...especially since it’s aimed at getting the kids to move. Not much room in that venue anyways. From looking at the video, looks like it’s going to be a Fortnite dance party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom