News PHOTOS - New merchandise location at the Transportation and Ticket Center

Kman101

Doesn't seem necessary. These are things they really think about? lol. So many other things could use their attention besides building a kiosk to make a few extra bucks. They try to squeeze nickels out of everyone when they are leaving dollars one the table in other ways. It's a little mind boggling how they don't quite get it.

Monorail_Red_77

I think that this Merch Stand just past the Ticket Booths at TTC is more visable. The current Gift Shop at TTC is to the far right in the building that houses the restrooms. I think that with the new security checkpoint at the old tram pavilions, it makes the gift shop more out of sight. If you go through security first and want to go to TTC giftshop you would have to exit the secure zone. Perhaps they are testing how well this does for a possible move or reconfigure of the current gift shop. The current permanent gift shop at TTC does make for a good last minute browse before leaving property.

Also, Animal Kingdom has a nice Gift Shop outside the park entry, The Outpost Shop. No tickets or security screening required to enter.

Or maybe none of this. Either way, if this Merch Stand had something I needed. I'd rather get it here than wait in a long line at Emporium before my day even starts.

Last edited:

disneyC97

When I was a kid I would always have my parents stop at the TTC shop to spend my last couple of saved souvenir dollars. This was way before ugly 90s additions.

Driver

Leave it to this board to turn something small into something so negative. I doubt the kiosk came out of the "Fix the TTC Fund" so adding it or not adding it wasn't changing anything.
I believe your right, in the big picture even if it cost ten thousand to build and deliver that's a drop in the bucket.

Cmdr_Crimson

Also, Animal Kingdom has a nice Gift Shop outside the park entry, The Outpost Shop. No tickets or security screening required to enter.

Most of the parks have their little gift shopping either before or after screenings..

Epcot has one adjacent to Guest relations on the outside left of the front gates
DHS Has the one shop just before you get to the exit and the Crossroads of the world is another..

MrPromey

Security is also in front of where you buy tickets now in the location that used to be the drop-off and queue for the courtesy trams. It's no longer at the entrance to the park itself so yes, this would be after the security checkpoints.

This change has been in effect for a while now so I'm guessing maybe we are on the long end of your last 3-5 month visit.

Anyway, their point wasn't about security being lax or being tight - only that nothing that can happen here couldn't already happen anywhere else after you get past security.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Mickey's Gift Station over on the far right side is still open, right? Other than increased visibility (from be plopped right in the middle of the plaza) is there any advantage to the new kiosk? The existing gift shop isn't huge, but it has far more merchandise than could ever fit on the new structure

Mickey%2527sGiftShop1.jpg

I can only hope that this addition means that somebody is aware that TTC exists and needs work. Hopefully there will be an aesthetic redo (even if only to remove the 90's add-ons) in the not-so-distant future

Thats a negative Ghostrider, TTC will not generate enough revenue per square foot to authorize investment.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Doesn't seem necessary. These are things they really think about? lol. So many other things could use their attention besides building a kiosk to make a few extra bucks. They try to squeeze nickels out of everyone when they are leaving dollars one the table in other ways. It's a little mind boggling how they don't quite get it.

Its not really, how many TDO executives with decision making power have actually visited or worked in the park as a CM or CP'er.

Damn few I'd venture to say, As a result you get stuff like this.

21stamps

Heh heh .... it is geared mostly toward sundries such as sun glasses, sun tan lotion and those little straps you put on your glasses to keep them on your head. Also the hand sanitizer, key chains that sort of thing. That's not to exclude some plush toys. But predominantly the items are small incidentals.

Do they sell ponchos as well? I’d think it would be convenient for something like that.. or the hand sanitizer, glasses, sun block, etc. if they had a fuel rod station it would be perfect.

Kman101

Its not really, how many TDO executives with decision making power have actually visited or worked in the park as a CM or CP'er.

Damn few I'd venture to say, As a result you get stuff like this.

I agree that the suits have little idea what it's actually like to have worked in a park, and they should, it's ridiculous how detached they are with WDW. And even some who have worked in the parks and worked their way up, seem to enjoy pushing paper and following the status quo.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I agree that the suits have little idea what it's actually like to have worked in a park, and they should, it's ridiculous how detached they are with WDW. And even some who have worked in the parks and worked their way up, seem to enjoy pushing paper and following the status quo.

Eisner's best trait was that he and his managers actually worked in the parks and he visited as a normal guest. So he saw first hand what worked and what did not, The Disney Decades of the 80s and 90s were no accident.

Manangement by Walking Around has always worked.

The old farmers up here say the best fertilizer is the foot of the owner.

Hmm...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well I wonder what would happen if Bob iger made every executive buy a park ticket before they came to work each day just like any other guest I mean if it's good enough for us it's good enough for them ahem cough cough. Lead by example I mean I work for Publix supermarket and at least my CEO came to my store and actually told me I'm doing a great job he's the grandson of George Jenkins the founder of Publix supermarket.

I've always thought that Bob Iger and/or Georgie K. would be an EXCELLENT subject for an episode of 'Undercover Boss'. Their day with Custodial would be EPIC.

Driver

Do they sell ponchos as well? I’d think it would be convenient for something like that.. or the hand sanitizer, glasses, sun block, etc. if they had a fuel rod station it would be perfect.
I'm going in shortly I'll let you know about the ponchos

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom